We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning our 1st trip, winter 2011, where to start?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Planning our 1st trip, winter 2011, where to start?

Hello all!

After many years in the VIs, we are branching out to try something new.

Anguilla interests us but I have no idea where to start planning.

About us - 4 (possibly 6) adults and 1 little boy. We typically rent villas and are fairly certain we want to do the same on Aguilla. We love to eat and drink well. We are total beach bums, some of us love to snorkel.

Educate me on where to stay. When we select a VI rental, proximity to the beach(es) is my first factor, ease of getting to food/drink is my second.

We would like to be in an area that is know for calmer water. Yes, I realize winter weather is unpredictable but I am wondering if some beaches are generally calmer than others?

Ideally, we would like to be on or very close to a nice swimming/lounging beach. Such locations are hard to find on STJ, our usual vacay spot.

Any recommendations for a rental agency?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,978 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning our 1st trip, winter 2011, where to start?

If you require jumping out of bed and right onto the most tranquil beach in AXA (Maunday's Bay), Cap Juluca is the place for you -- a Pool Villa for the entire group. Romantic and the beach is pristine.

However, if it is a posh Villa for your group that attracts you, along with being 1 block away from Maunday's Bay (with your own stretch golf cart) and all reciprocals with Cap Juluca anyway, Sheriva speaks to you. It is an awesome villa with a staff that is so accommodating and kind that you won't have to lift a finger. The resident manager, Jeannine, will see to it that you'll have hot hors d'oeuvres presented by your staff at around 5 in the afternoon, a fully stocked fridge, your own hot tub, jacuzzi, shower for two, computer room, your own gym, state-of-the-art kitchen (pant, pant!) I can't go on!

And when you realize that prices for both are practically identical, you cannot lose for winning.

It's your choice.

Enjoy!

Edited: 19 May 2010, 20:08
Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning our 1st trip, winter 2011, where to start?

Island Dream Properties rents villas for a lot of villa owners on the island. Their web site lets you search villa rentals by number of bedrooms. They have information/pictures about each villa including where it is located, if its on a beach etc.

Their web site is www.islanddreamproperties.com

I think Keene Villas (might be a bit off on the name) also does rentals.

Also, you can try www.mycaribbean.com A lady named Gayle runs this business.......many on hear rave about her. I ended up using Island Dream as they were very responsive where Gayle responded to a couple enquiries right away......and after that I could never get an email response and she NEVER answered her phone on any of the 15 attempts I made. And never returned my voice mail messages. Patra at Island Dream was super responsive.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
816 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning our 1st trip, winter 2011, where to start?

send that description to gayle@askgayle.com and you'll get a very helpful response. I am shocked Gayle didn't answer her phone but I do know there have been times when she's been off island in the last 2 years - but I always got a notice of that when I called.

I'm sure Island Dream is great too - I just find Gayle as a rental villa owner AND a person who rents villas to have a wonderful idea of what works and what won't - plus the photos on the website (www.mycaribbean.com) are better than most sites of it's kind.

4. Re: Planning our 1st trip, winter 2011, where to start?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 07:17