We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Signature Beer for Anguilla????

SC
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Signature Beer for Anguilla????

I know there is not a brewery on the island - but like DR has Presidente - Jamaica has Red Stripe - Aruba has Balashi - what would be the predominent beers found and enjoyed on AXA? Heading down for a week at the end of the month!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

Carib, Red Stripe and the ubiquitous Heineken.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

Having been here over 9 months, I can safely say there is not one.

I drink Red Stripe.

The most popular is Heini.

There is also that nasty strong Guiness Foreign Extra.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

Is there anyway to get Carib in the US? I've been craving it lately and won't be back to Anguilla until November.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

We pick up Carib at our local Total Wines, not sure if you have one near you.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

Strange, OP, your March 8th and June 3rd (this one) forum posts almost make it sound like you've never been to Anguilla. What gives? Could be any number of reasons, I suppose. I just find it odd when compared to your May 23rd post.

It's also not against forum rules to acknowledge people for the information they are providing. Guess I'm just old-fashioned.

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

Just be careful of Elephant Malt. That one is a doozie !

Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

Carib is also available in Florida at Publix supermarkets. Its not in every store though, depends on the size of store that carries more variteties. I love TOTAL Wine! We have 3 stores in the Tampa area.

Heiniken and Carib seem to be the most popular in Anguilla.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
855 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

Carib! If it were not available my husband and his best friend would not come to Anguilla. For them vacation means sitting at some beach bar with their toes in the sand and drinking cold Caribs all day long. We have been all over the Caribbean and they have not been too pleased when I pick an island that doesn't have Carib. We can get Carib in Virginia at the local Total Wine and More, but they swear it doesn't taste nearly the same at home. You have to have that island vibe to go with it.

9. Re: Signature Beer for Anguilla????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla