We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anacaona or Frangipani?

New Market, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Anacaona or Frangipani?

Hello,

My husband and I are planning a week in Anguilla over New Year's. We're considering Anacaona and Frangipani. HUGE price difference. I understand Anacaona is re-opening with some upgrades, but I'm still very skeptical of the low price. Can anyone help with my decision? Thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,034 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anacaona or Frangipani?

This is a tough call for anybody because Frangi is a known boutique hotel with a good reputation whereas Anacaona is brand new. How can one compare?

I will say this much, if you'd like to chance the newcomer you'll probably be just fine with Sue Ricketts at the helm.

Everything she touches turns to gold, dontcha know!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
331 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anacaona or Frangipani?

Have stayed a number of times at the old La Sirena villas, but that was some time ago and have stayed at the Fragipani a number of times, previous poster is correct, nothing to compare to but Anaconda will not be on the beach where Frangiapani is on the beach....either way I think it'll be OK!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anacaona or Frangipani?

I thought this would happen when I 1st saw the name. It is going to be hard not to type and/or say "anaconda"

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anacaona or Frangipani?

Recently, PBS has a special on Latin Music and one of the songs was Anacaona. It was a catchy tune, by the way...

5. Re: Anacaona or Frangipani?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 05:16