We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anacaona or Cuisinart

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Anacaona or Cuisinart

Can you please tell me who has the nicer beach, Anacaona or Cuisinart. I like clear water, where you can see where you are walking. Also, if I stay at Cuisinart, would $50.00/person cover it (without drinks), for dinner? Could you mix your own drinks and head to the beach at either resort?

Port St Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

Anacaona is 4-5 minutes walk to Meads Bay, which is a great walking beach, but at the end where Anacaona is setting up their beach chairs, can be steep and with a few corals.

Cuisinart is directly on Rendevouz Bay Beach, and much flatter, and another great walking beach.

Here are links to dinner menus at Cuisinart's 2 restaurants, and I am sure you can mix your own drinks in your room and discreetly bring them to the beach.

cuisinartresort.com/pdfs/cafe_med_dinner_men…

cuisinartresort.com/pdfs/santorini_menu.pdf

Anguilla
Level Contributor
920 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

As of yesterday, there was no beach at all at the western end of Meads Bay. This happens, and the sand always comes back. No one can say how soon.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

It isn't really fair to compare Cuisinart (an upscale resort) with Anacaona which is a nice refurbished hotel but certainly not on the same scale as Cuisinart.

Cuisinart's beach is Rendezvous Bay a popular favorite with lots of posters and is one spectacular looking beach.

Mead's Bay is also a magnificent beach but you are going to have to walk to the beach to get there from Anacaona whereas Cuisi is right on the beach.

You don't (and shouldn't) take all your meals at Cuisi. AXA has so many neat dining spots and many are within your price level without having to worry.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

thanks Islander..sorry what part is the west end of Mead's Mali or Anacaona?

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

Mom,

Strictly talking beaches now, I'm not sure you would find that type of calm clear water at either of those beaches. It would have to be a very calm day.

For that you might want to think Malliouhana, Carimar or Cap Juluca. Ku and Shoal Bay Villas also have calmer beaches.

But to answer the question that you asked:

Cuisinart for all the reasons Pepper said.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

Mom, you didn't say what time of year you were planning your visit. In all my years,. I've never been able to get into Mead's Bay because it's been too rough. When I was there in mid-April it was still rough. This summer however I spent lots of time in Shoal Bay, Rendezvous, Cove, Junk's Hole/Savannah, Sandy Ground. I even went swimming in Captain's Bay and Windward Point. My point is that it depends on the time of year and what the sea conditions are.

AXA Beach Bum

Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

Pepper's post was well said. I agree.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

Thanks everyone. I am planning to travel in May. Still trying to decide where.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
920 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

The west end of Meads Bay is where Viceroy and Anacaona be.

Islander

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anacaona or Cuisinart

I love Rendezvous Bay, but it depends what you're looking for. I love a nic flat walking beach. And it's very quiet. It's got Cuisinart, Anguilla Great House and Bankie Banx and that's pretty much it. The beach is truly stunning, with wonderful views of SXM.

Meads Bay tends to be steeper, and I think a little rougher, but that may just be me. The thing Meads Bay has going for it is that it has a bunch of great places to eat and drink. I'm nuts about Jacala and Strawhat! And drinks at Malliouhana are always fun.

So, it depends on what you're looking for.