We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrived Friday

Iowa
Level Contributor
326 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arrived Friday

Hi Everyone,

Arrived Friday after an awful trip down with AA. We arrived a day late because of mechanical problems causing us to miss our outbound in Miami. We had to overnight in SXM. Flight over from SXM with Carl was perfect. Met Ronnie Bryan for the first time. We have two rentals from him. He is very nice and went out of his way to make the necessary changes due to our late arrival.

This will be short but I will try to post the highlights.

The weather is beautiful. The island seems a little busier than past years. Corner Bar supplied us with three delicious pizzas on Saturday night. They were VERY busy. We ate at TT last night and food was wonderful, as always. Tonight we are eating at Smokey's. The grocery stores are well stocked.

In my opinion, the beaches are in good shape. Meads was like glass the first two days but waves kicked up yesterday with more windy conditions. Rendezvous is much the same. Bankie's does not have a beach and Cuisinart appears to be reclaiming some sand both mechanically and naturally. We are headed to Roy's this morning and have not been to Shoal Bay East yet.

Crocus is a little rocky toward the back but is fine. Davida's appears busy.

I will check in with updates if there is any news. Lou

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrived Friday

Thanks Lou. You are our eyes and ears.

Keep postin' and be limin'!!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrived Friday

Thanks for the update Lou. I was wondering how you were settling in and looking for "live reports". Thanks. Has the island calmed down since all the celebs have gone?

Tasting that Corner Bar Pizza - yummy!

See you next week.

AXA Beach Bum

soon reach North Hill Village & Corner Bar pizza

Edited: 10 January 2011, 14:42
Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrived Friday

Love it when your on the island. Lou.

How long do we have the pleasure of your reporting?

Iowa
Level Contributor
326 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrived Friday

Our friends who stay near Rendezvous say they are moving sand over to Bankies today.

We spent the morning on Sandy Ground. It was calm and very warm but wonderful. The new place taking over Reggae Reef appears not to be up and running just yet. The only place on Sandy Ground open for lunch was Barrel Stay.

We are headed to Shoal Bay East this afternnoon for a walk and some snorkeling.

I forgot to mention we spent Saturday at Junk and Savannah. Probably the nicest we have seen it. The winds have picked up today.

It is sunny and warm. Perfect.

Great to hear from all of you. See you soon AXA. Travel safely. I hope the snow avoided all of you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,051 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrived Friday

Lou, thanks for the update, love your easy writing style and on island reporting. Looking forward to hearing more, enjoy your time with your family, it goes way too fast.

Ellen

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrived Friday

Aasby, because you are a midwestern and the first I have seen on this site, I have to ask at where do you stay when in Anguilla? It sounds like you have been here many times.No hurry for you to respond.Enjoy your trip!

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrived Friday

Aasby, because you are a midwestern and the first I have seen on this site, I have to ask at where do you stay when in Anguilla? It sounds like you have been here many times.No hurry for you to respond.Enjoy your trip!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrived Friday

Maui1010! LOL!!!!! You are too funny. Do midwestern folks stay at different kinds of places then the rest of us?

AXA Beach Bum

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrived Friday

What place is taking over Reggae Reef? Are you referring to La Dolce Vita by any chance?

Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Arrived Friday

AXA beach bum.I belong to a few different forums and it really doesn't seem like alot of midwesterns travel to Anguilla.It does seem like it attracts alot of people from the east coast. Just curious to see where he stays as it seems their are really nice places or villas and not alot inbetween.