We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

kdh, nc
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here! I'm trying to plan a family vacation for my me, DH and baby girl who will be around 1 year old. Thinking maybe sometime this spring/early summer. We are looking at a couple of different islands and someone mentioned Anguilla.

I'm trying to find somewhere that is safe and baby friendly, is fairly accessible to grocery stores (for milk for her), has availability for great food (either take-out or child-friendly restaurants) although we don't mind cooking a few nights, and isn't terribly expensive. Do you think Anguilla would be a good fit?

I read that Cuisinart is kid friendly but it is way out of our budget. Carimar and Ku were mentioned to me.

Any suggestions or information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

You ought to have a look at Paradise Cove, although not on the beach, it is a very friendly place and not overpriced.

You will need a car, most people do rent, and the nearest supermarket is about 5 minutes drive away.

NJ
Level Contributor
217 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

I have stayed at Carimar and Blue Waters with small children. I give a slight edge to Carimar because there tends to be less kids at BW. No pool but both have nice beaches and are short drives to grocery stores. Note: the 2 BR units at Blue Waters are on the second floor. The entrances are in the back so you have to go downstars and around the building to get to the beach. I think Turtle's Nest would be good also though I have not stayed there. Be sure they give you a lower floor because there is no elevator. Have fun.

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

If you do choose Carimar, know that you will probably be the only one there with children. Most of the Carimar crowd is beyond their child rearing years! :-) There is a small grocery store up the road - Christine's - who probably will have the supplies you need.

Although I have not stayed there, Turtle's Nest always seems to have young families. I think it's the pool! Have fun.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

Paradise Cove is very nice for kids your child's age. The facilities are very nice and locally owed. It has a nice pool and is close to Cove Bay (I think it is called.) with relatively shallow and calm waters.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

Yes it is, but you would still need a car to get about -

New York
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

We started taking our kids to AXA when they were 3 and I would highly suggest looking at Ku, Shoal Bay Villas, Allamanda or Serenity. All on Shoal Bay---a great beach. All have small kitchens (a must with kids), are close to many restaurants both casual and some perfect for early evening dinners with a small one. Ku has a little convenient store/gift shop where I have stopped many times for quick supplies/drinks/eats for the kids on the beach or if I did not have time to run to the grocery store in the Valley. I would rent a car for sure. Easy drive into the Valley or to Island Harbor for groceries and supplies and fun to explore other beaches.

Edited: 15 January 2011, 17:41
7. Re: Baby Friendly Budget Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 05:32