We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CJ - spring break with 12 yr old

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
CJ - spring break with 12 yr old

Hi all. I've learned so much already from reading these forums. In fact, I might have read too much and have reached the somewhat overwhelmed state!

We are making our first trip to Anguilla over spring break (April) this year with our 12 yr old daughter. We are staying at CJ for 5 nights. We are big beach lovers and, while we have been to several Caribbean islands as a couple, our daughter has never been. I know she's in for a treat!

One question for you CJ experts. Will my daughter feel out of place at CJ? I know it is thought of as more of a couple's place. She's an only child and quite used to hanging with her parents and actually likes it. She'll just be looking to relax and take in a new environment and actually can get overwhelmed around noisy, little kids Let's just say she's more Anguilla than Atlantis :). She's almost a teen so i'm not looking for a kids club and playmates. Bottom line, knowing her, I think she'll be fine at CJ but I don't really know CJ so I want to make sure she won't feel out of place to the point of feeling unwelcomed. Being that it is spring break/ Easter time I was hoping it would be an even better time.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CJ - spring break with 12 yr old

Eastertime, Springtime, Wintertime, Summertime ... you have picked the right place. CJ is magical. You, and best of all, your darling daughter, are in for the treat of a lifetime.

Trust me!

:-))

Level Contributor
351 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CJ - spring break with 12 yr old

I think Anguilla is a great family island and although we've never stayed at CJ, I know plenty of families who have. During this period, you'll probably notice at least a few families. We've eaten in CJ restaurants and have always had our children greeted warmly and noticed plenty of other (quite young) children. She'll enjoy the sophistication (and you may be starting a bad habit!) of the CJ. The other Anguillan restaurants are quite welcoming as well.

3. Re: CJ - spring break with 12 yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 06:17