We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Vue

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Topic
La Vue

How is it going with La Vue? It looks like a really neat place, but I haven't heard anything in a while. I"m anxious to find a cheaper desitnation in Anguilla so I can get back there. It is 4 degrees here today and I've had about enought!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Vue

Two of our friends are staying there now and are extremely happy. Several of our friends coming later this month have booked there for the second year. I think that says a great deal.

Go for it........come on down.

AXA Beach Bum

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Vue

Just spent a week at LaVue - it was wonderful and perfect for a reasonable choice in Anguilla! We will be going back... best vacation ever!

Westford...
Level Contributor
257 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Vue

How much is it? Do they have a web site?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Vue

la vue website

http://lavueanguilla.com/

regards

Mark.

Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Vue

We were there in November for three nights and are already considering going back this year. Clean room, nice continental breakfast, helpful staff, very quiet. Never saw another guest at breakfast, though we did see a couple of people checking in. We liked the location as it was easy to drive down to Sandy Ground for a drink at Elvis's or the Pumphouse after dinner.

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Vue

Which suite or studio at La Vue have people stay at? I booked a garden studio and now I'm thinking I should have chose an ocean veiw suite. What are your thoughts with their suites vs. studio. & ocean vs garden? And who did people book their car rentel with?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Vue

It amazes me that any of you are able to give a review of this place given that their reservation "system" or whatever you want to call it sucks and no ones responds to any emails. Makes me doubt that service at this hotel could be any good and makes me wonder who keeps their business afloat. I read of these issues in another La Vue forum but perservered ahead and tried to contact several times myself to secure a spot with no response. I go on vacation to relax and being frustrated before I leave is a big red flag!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Vue

Foufikins, we contacted La Vue via email (we were originally going to stay there during our upcoming trip, but plans changed) and heard back within 48 hours with a confirmation. Then when I had to cancel via email, I heard back within 24 hours and was not charged a thing. Both email exchanges were very pleasant, and I had good expectations for the service there. Sorry to hear your experience was not the same. Perhaps your email was blocked by a spam filter? I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to take your reservation.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Vue

I booked with La Vue last year via e-mail correspondence and always heard back from them promptly - anywhere between a few hours and 48 hours. When I stayed there, the owners and staff were very accomodating and responsive. This year, I had the same experience when I was in pre-planning - always a prompt response to my e-mail. Some other properties were not as responsive, and I have yet to hear back from at least 2. Moot point now, as I am going elsewhere next month. I do believe there has to be a logical explanation for the quirks in responsiveness. Perhaps their spam filter does indeed block a lot of e-mails ... in which case, they need to be made aware of the situation, otherwise they'll not be able to take steps to rectify.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Vue

Thanks Msjilly and Travelgal - maybe i'll try emailing them from another email address to see if there is a spam issue, and go from there! An on-line reservation system would be the ideal!