We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barrel Stay questions

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
614 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Barrel Stay questions

Does anyone know where I could access a Barrel Stay menu with prices? Also, if we dine at BS, can we walk to Elvis' or pumphouse afterwards (ie: is it close)? Am a bit worried about some of the recent negative reviews on TA. Was hoping to go to Sandbar but they are closed Tuesdays.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barrel Stay questions

I Googled "Barrelstay Restaurant Anguilla" and presto:

http://www.barrelstay.com/home.php

A rental car will not only help you to navigate around Sandy Ground after dark, a car will also maximize your enjoyment of Anguilla and help to minimize any concerns about walking from place to place. It is highly unlikely that you will get to see many of the noteworthy attractions of Anguilla and a broad spectrum of restaurants without a car rental. The use of taxicabs will prove to be very expensive for even a one week vacation. Have a memorable AXA experience and rent a car. Zabar

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
394 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barrel Stay questions

The Sandbar is open on Tuesdays (only closed Sundays & Mondays) and yes, you can walk from there to Elvis' & Pumphouse.

Queensbury, New York
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Barrel Stay questions

You will enjoy Barrel Stay - Jill and Graham are wonderful hosts, and I enjoy the location. Sandy Ground is wonderful. Even if it's dark, you can still see the lights from the boats bobbing up and down in the water.

Boston...
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barrel Stay questions

Dear tla306,

Now you have Barrel Stay's menu and some good transportation advice the only aspect your are missing is the actual experience.

We always go to Barrel Stay and visit Graham & Jill every time we are on island. Great food, great location and Jill says "DRIZZLE" great.

We have never had any issue walking down to the Pumphouse or Elvis' and leaving our car back at Barrel Stay. We normally take the beach route; romantic. On the street you might run across someone who'll want to sell you a little "bling!" but it's never been an overt effort once you say "NO THANKS".

There truly is something that doesn't work at all betwenn a buttoned down Oxford shirt and "bling!"

As always, be aware but be confident. You'll find 100 times more allies on Sandy Ground than "scallywags". If ever in doubt, just yell "Naughty Boy!".

Kindly,

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,976 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barrel Stay questions

Gee whiz! I surely do hope that Sandbar is open for before dinner drinks on Tuesdays because we too have a reservation at Barrel Stay on your Tuesday and hoped to see the sunset at Sandbar first.

If this has changed, please alert me. (Thanks)

Alegaleg: Okay -- on the island 28 times so far and know for sure what "Ting" is but man oh man, I have no clue (well maybe I do!) what "Bling" is. Do tell.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,293 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barrel Stay questions

Pep - Sandbar opens at 4pm. Mr T had BLING!

OP - Barrel Stay prices are moderate, 10-12 for a salad, 30-35 for dinner, excellent food and service, we never miss.

You can easily walk around Sandy Ground at night - as Alegaleg said beach is the best route - although I would drive as there are too many roaming dogs for me.

Have fun.

Ellen

Boston...
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barrel Stay questions

AHHHHH...

"Bling!" or "Bling-Bling!"... Shinny gold/diamond looking jewelry or accessories that one might wear to denote status.

In my case, a 6 inch long scrolled "gold" plate on a chain spelling "HERO!" just did not go with a light blue buttoned down Oxford shirt. Plus, I didn't happen to have $2,000US in cash on me any way. When the price dropped to $1,000US, we knew it was time to go.

Does this descripiton answer your question? "Bling-Bling!"

Kindly,

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,976 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barrel Stay questions

rotflmao!!

It sure does answer my query.

Very funny. Made my day!

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Barrel Stay questions

Just as an FYI, Elvis' is closed Tuesdays. SandBar and Pump House are both open on Tuesdays. We always stop by SandBar after a day with Rollins on the Chocolat!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
614 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barrel Stay questions

Thanks Again for all the great info. You guys are too funny!

Zabar- I found the website. Just couldn't find prices but Ellen helped answer that.

Pepper- sorry for confusion. I am looking for a Monday night restaurant. Not Tuesday when we will be enjoying Lobster night at Cuisinart.

So, definitely Barrel Stay over Oliver's which I just read about and looks interesting (although I can't find a menu for them at all)??Or Pimms or spice who's location sounds beautiful but who's prices, menus, and reviews are not "wowing" me.