We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

We would appreciate any info from anyone who's connected to AXA from SJU via Cape Air. We only have one hour from arrival at SJU Via A.A and departure to AXA via Cape air. Is that enough time, are the planes relatively new, etc. It's on a Monday morning if that makes any difference.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

While we have not flown Cape Air to AXA, we have used them several times between SJU and STT.

Are you arriving on an airline that code shares with Cape Air? If not, an hour doesn't seem like enough time to claim luggage, check-in and clear security. (in my memory, it is quite a hike from baggage claim to the check-in counter) If it is a code share, you are probably ok.

I don't remember their planes being new-new but they looked well maintained. We always had positive experiences with Cape Air.

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

Thanks cleobeach1, The connection was booked by American Airlines so our baggage will be transferred to cape air by them. I was told all we had to do is get to the gate on time.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

Depending on your your AA arrival Gate walking to the Cape Air departure will take anywhere from 7 to 15 minutes.

You'll arrive in either Concourse D or E (Gates 3 through 19). Cape Air departs out of Concourse B (usually Gate 31A). Just follow the overhead "gate signs" and make sure you stay inside the "secure area". The walkway leading from Concourse D/E to Concourse B is opposite Gate 9.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

We travelled via Cape Air in February, we only travel with hand luggage, but found the service on time and efficient. The planes are small and the experience is an intimate one. The pilot taxis with the window open and I believe there are only 7 passengers - seated according to weight!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

I decided long ago that I would not fly on an airline that weighs my purse!

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

Oh Great!! With all the great restaurants on AXA, after 8 days I'll have to pay Cape Air double to get me back to SJU!!

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

Thanks for the input, but I'm a 'worst case scenario' type of guy. what if our A.A. flight is delayed by, say ,1-2 hours . Can anyone advise as to options for alternate flight info to AXA in case we don't make the scheduled Cape Air flight, checked luggage or not? Our carry-ons should hold us for a couple of days. thanks for any info...Shooter005

Anguilla
Level Contributor
920 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

The other carrier on the same route is Anguilla Air Express:

http://www.anguillaairexpress.com/

Islander

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

Thank's IslanderAXA, You always have the info! It would be a pleasure to run into you in early april! Shooter (by the way, that's my nickname 'cause i love sporting clays, and drinking the occaisional 'shot(s)' of course, not at the same time.

10. Re: Cape Air from SJU to AXA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 15:27