We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoal Bay Villas

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Shoal Bay Villas

I just received an email about pending construction beginning at SBV the end of this month. We are planning on going in June and wondered how noisy construction is on the island. I can't image it being as loud as it is in the US. Is construction done on island time? Thanks.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

Thee is very little construction going on and as far as I know none on the beaches with the exception of the new Shoal Bay Villas bldg... In fact, we were shocked when we saw that they were working on the new building two days go.

Lots of places to rent and very few people here at the moment. Season finish.

AXA Beach Bum

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

Apparently the owner had to commence construction in order to comply with a covenant in the ground lease. "Use it or lose it".

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

That is what the letter stated. My only concern was how the noise level would be. We are booked already and not going to change I was just inquiring. We can't wait to visit. Many thanks.

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

I expect that the construction will be low-key, but the site is directly next to the existing units, so who knows? Just move down the beach a few feet closer to the water and you won't notice it.

Edited: 07 April 2011, 01:16
Wapakoneta, Ohio
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

We are also concerned about this. We are going in July. Any feedback is appreciated!

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

I am going in 10 days time so will let you know. Havent let it put us off as figure can just spend time at beach rather than pool.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

Hi

Just got back from a fabulous stay at end of April. Hardly noticed the building work, the odd bit of hammering or banging, that was all. Wouldnt let it put you off!

Helen

Barbados
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

We stayed at Shoal Bay Villas from April 22 to May 2 and had a wonderful holiday! The construction area is well screened off from the villas and beach with plywood siding and the hours of work are controled by SBV's management, there was no work being done very early on mornings or late into the evening. The noise level was very low and hardly noticable and there was no construction dust at all. Absolutely no inconvenience or bother. Management and Staff seem to be going all out to ensure that their guests enjoy their stay at SBV despite the construction work.

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

We had a fabulous time at SBV this past week. The construction was minor probably due to the rain. You heard an occasional hammer but not much more than that. Loved Anguilla and SBV was the most perfect spot. Kathy and her staff are so accomodating. Definately will return.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shoal Bay Villas

Been to Shoal Bay every day this week and only one day did we hear some very minor construction noise. Not a problem at all. The beach there is absolutely stunning!

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla