We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

miss my aol friends

sarasota
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
miss my aol friends

ah, there was a time. the three ellens. tim and rose. rhode island republicans. larry and linder. judy the piano player. oh dear.

now we are older. many more younguns on the board. who knows. eudoxie might be my age. exactly. looking forward to seeing him on dec 4. who knows who will remember us. we started in 1986. yes, there was electricity. and running water. and a mallihouana, but no cap juluca. and no cuisinart. but there were three ellens.

deerboy

Ocean County, NJ
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: miss my aol friends

I miss the aol travel boards as well...

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: miss my aol friends

there were AOL travel boards? i didn't know that--that's why the OP's message is a mystery to me!

sarasota
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: miss my aol friends

if o.p. stands for old people, you are in deep doody since we will have euxdoxie and sandra and sprocka jump you in the water. but if o.p. stands for onerable princes of our once owned island in the sun, you might be permitted to stay.

larry and linda will be buying and reopenind malli very soon. only us oldtimers who catered to our friends and bought dinner and drinks shall be allowed on the premises.

we shall then seek severence from the mainland.

and shall again call in the paratroopers.

d

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
816 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: miss my aol friends

I can't believe I picked tonight to pop back on here after about a year away- DEERHOUSE!!! the Ellen's miss you too - I know that - not even a free meal at "BLAN CHARDS" would keep me from the Scilly Cay reunion since you'll be there.

See you in December and the purple thong will show up again too -

AOL travel message boards were great - lots of info - lots of fun and the Anguilla forum was very active - it's where I found out about Little Bay, Gwens, Trans Anguilla Air so many things - TA is very good too - not the same but still LOTS of info. So now I have to catch up on a year of NO Anguilla updating.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: miss my aol friends

we will be there Dec 4th- a reunion?

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: miss my aol friends

Okay, so we'll be the only ones not at the reunion and b-day celebration for our own Noway. I wish there was a way that we could come in December and then return for the winter but just not as wealthy as our own Deerhouse, Larry & Linder(new owners of Malli). Could you all return in January or sometime until April 18 and we'll have another reunion? A party at our place would be fun.

I'm so grateful for the old AOL travel board. We've made so many life long friends and now visit them and sometimes mooch a meal or place to stay around the US. O.T. & Christine we maybe coming your way soon! Deerhouse we'll be in your area in October.

Wish I could be with you at Scilly or Gwen's........

AXA Beach Bum

P.S. Noway and Mary GG we'll see you in October......

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
816 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: miss my aol friends

hummm, so used to facebook now was looking for the "like" button on Maryann's post....

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: miss my aol friends

I'd be pushing the "Like" button on deerhouse too.

Make new friends deerhouse. We get up to all sorts of no good around here!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: miss my aol friends

Couldn't get a mortgage on Malli, Deerhouse. Linda & Larry

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: miss my aol friends

L&L will you be returning this winter?

Daffy, can't wait to see you and Ms. Pepper! Ellen, we've changed our dates we'll see you in when you arrive in the spring!

AXA Beach Bum