We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

Going to be at the West End starting Dec 11-18, and was wondering if I should be concerned about the weather? I've been reading a lot about rain/floods lately!?!

Anguilla
Level Contributor
441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

This is our winter. Sunny days are more common than rainy ones, but it was rainy most of the day yesterday and I expect it to be the same all day today. Often it will rain for five minutes and be beautiful for the rest of the day. Rarely, you won't see the sun for five days. This is our winter and you should be prepared to do things that don't involve the beaches. Restaurant owners will sympathise with you but they secretly love the rain.

Obsessing about it may help but I have no statistics on this.

IslandBoy

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing. Even your winters are better than mine though! Think it's typically 75-85 there right now?

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

It's ALWAYS 75-80 there. Don't sweat the weather. island boy is right and it is very rare to string 2 rainy days together but it is winter in axa. I will bet you have beautiful days while you are there.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

Any rain that fell over the last few weeks, will not fall when you are there - that would be another way to look at it. A weather system that brings a lot of rain may hang around for a while, but will eventually dissipate or move on.

You might as well worry when everyone has nice weather now, that by the time you get there it will be about time for some rain.

It is only natural to focus on the negative news and project that forward, but contrary to IslandBoy I don't believe that it will do any good. Except maybe make you even more relieved when you arrive in gorgeous weather!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,949 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

Don't sweat the smalls. For every drop of rain, there is sun waiting around the next corner -- and plenty more of it than rain. Been there/done it 29 times so far.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
816 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

I wouldn't be. Between traces trip and ours I think enough rain has fallen. Even the locals are saying they are sick of being wet. Now that the cisterns are full

7. Re: Should I be concerned about weather in 2 weeks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2012, 10:19