We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Topic
Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Since the only other post I could find that is related to this dates back to 2007, I thought a thread about our top 5 items that we make sure to bring might be helpful - and I would love to know what I might be missing out on!

So here's my top 5...

1. A short sleeved bathrobe and slippers. Carimar doesn't provide these, so I bring my own. Great for morning breakfasts on my deck!

2. 50 Sunblock. I'm Irish...

3. Old issues of magazines to read on the beach: Star, People, US Weekly

4. Bug Spray

5. Camera and Video Camera

Uni

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Great info--which reminds me I always bring 1 or 2 mini keychain flash lights. Great for dark paths and menu reading. Cap Juluca has little LED ones now--so I always keep them in my suitcase.

ct
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Hi Uni,

Thank you! We haven't started our countdown yet but we will soon! Any particular restaurants that you would recommend for a family of 4, 11 & 13 yr old daughters. How about the Chocolate boat trip? Also, I think our daughters would really get a kick out of hearing some live music. Any recommendations?

thanks,

Mary Anne

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Hey Penny,

Great tip! I always carry a small flashlight in my handbag too. As you said, great for all those dark paths and for menu reading in dim lit restaurants. Even though...............most of us already know what we will be ordering at our fav restaurants;-)

Caicos

I'll add to the list:

Sunglasses

Cortisone Cream

Edited: 24 January 2012, 20:14
Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Candles and matches.

Thin sheet for picnics and beach hopping off the beaten track.

ct
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

So excited now. Just committed to the Carimar, beachfront. Any particular 2 bedroom suite we should request? Next is air tickets and car rental. Is there anything I am forgetting?

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

My biggest thing now is to bring bathing suits for everyone in a carryon. We've had our luggage lost two or three times on our way to Anguilla, and it's always gone for at least 2 1/2 days. But with a bathing suit, anything is possible! OK, and a toothbrush!

Also, when my kids were a bit younger, I would always bring some shelf-stable milk, as you never know when the milk boat is going to decide not to come. I've totally gotten caught in that situation, but always had my own milk to get us through.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,479 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Deep Woods Off

Citronella coils

Dryer sheets

Flashlight

Zip lock bags

small bills

There is some good info on this site

definitivecaribbean.com/island-essentials/an…

Good Luck,

Ellen

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Cameras are a must ... flashlights an option ... but oftentime people forget extra batteries or chargers (unless you want to buy them there)!

Edited: 25 January 2012, 13:01
New York
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Snorkel and Beach Hat are a must! I also bring one of those large metal water bottles (SIG brand). Fill with lots of water for the day at the beach. Sometimes the wait for a drink at the beach bar is a bit long and paying for a bottle of water...several times a day can add up.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
85 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 5 things to make sure we pack...

Why flashlight?

Trying to keep suitcase withing weight limits so do not want to over pack.

Keep reading about bugspray. Are the mosquitos bad this time of year? We leave this Saturday and I am a mosquito magnet!

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla