We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pimms for drinks only

new york
Level Contributor
411 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Pimms for drinks only

I have read the reviews of Pimms and they have not been very encouraging given the price charged for dinner. Ambience of the restaurant has been very positive. This was our honeymoon spot years ago and we would like to revisit but have been put off by reviews of high priced mediocre meals. Can we go for drinks only to capture the essence of 20 years ago and then move on to another restaurant for dinner? Advice sought.

J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
613 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pimms for drinks only

i was just there last month with a 7:30 reservation. We showed up at 6:20 for drinks, to find we were the only people there, Pimms wasn't open yet. We went to the wine bar attached to Pimms and were also the only ones there. Very romantic and a great view

new york
Level Contributor
411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pimms for drinks only

Thanks. Just what I was looking for.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pimms for drinks only

Yes, it's true they are high priced but, unlike in the recent past, it looks like they have finally gotten their act together again, and the meals have been first rate. At least I plan to give it another try after a stellar meal last season and all of the recent positive press.

Can't get more romantic than that view!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pimms for drinks only

PS. However, I must add, their prices are comparable to Blanchards and Mangos (and maybe even some others as well).

J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
613 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pimms for drinks only

Prices are no worse then Jacala and I perferred Pimms for both food and ambiance

6. Re: Pimms for drinks only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 10:17