We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

Just read a not so good review on Turtle's Nest Resort. I sent my reservation request and now I am having second thoughts.

The reviewer mentioned that the resort does not have a generator. I am quite concerned about not having A/C during the night. She also mentioned water spilling out of the washer on her floor.

I know I'm getting a bargain here, but I also don't want to endure stress during my vacation.

There are not many reviews on this resort and I'm starting to wonder if that's a bad thing...

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

Perhaps call them directly?

Dragon and I noticed while out for a walk yesterday that it looks empty, but then we drove behind it later in the day and the parking lot was full. Not sure if that helps you or not, just thought I'd share.

Uni

New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

Thank you Uni. Any feedback is appreciated.

NJ
Level Contributor
243 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

We have stayed the last four visits at Turtles Nest and have had no issues. We always stay in Phase II one bedroom. No issues with the A/C. There is a unit in the kitchen/living area and the bedroom and they worked great. The staff is very helpful and attentative yet no one bothers you. Quiet resort and love the location.

College Park, MD
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

We have reservations in June so any feedback after your trip would be really appreciated. We usually stay at Carimar, but really wanted the ac. I hope there will not be any issues with it.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

Have not looked up that review so without knowing the specifics of that complaint:

Turtle's Nest is not a resort in the usual meaning. It is a condo complex - nothing more (but also nothing less).

I would not expect a condo complex to have a generator, certainly not at their end of the price scale. And if they had one, it would only be sized for the essdentials such as water pump, lights and such - not for power hoggs like AC. You get what you pay for - generally.

A washer can spring a leak at any time. That is not something that can be predicted or would be an ongoing issue (except for that one washer until it is repaired).

One review like that would not stop me from booking a facility that gets such consistently good reviews.

BTW I have never stayed there and have no stake in the place.

Edited: 29 February 2012, 23:20
Boston...
Level Contributor
457 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

I have both read the review in question and stayed at Turtles Nest (November 2011).

I knew, going in, that it was not a full service hotel – and it does not command AXA full service hotel prices.

During my stay, the power stayed on, so I cannot comment on the generator issue. I can say that I liked having the AC and would have been uncomfortable without it – so I do see the reviewer’s point. I have been to AXA 5 times and never experienced a power outage, so I am not sure how big a deal the lack of a generator might be, until it happens, which I suspect is rarely.

I stayed in a 1 bedroom unit and the hot water was fine during my entire stay. I also used the washer and dryer and did not experience any leakage. To be sure, if I had a flood, I would have been quite upset about it, so I do sympathize with the reviewer on that. My guess is the unit in question had a faulty set-up and that it has now been corrected. Based on what I observed, maintenance issues do not lag at Turtles Nest.

As others have mentioned, TN is a condo complex. I found the front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful. They are not there to “sell” excursions the way many resort concierges are. They were always willing and able to call a cab, make a dinner reservation, or check on any local thing (e.g., is XYZ store/attraction open today?) Having been to AXA several times before, I was not looking to them for specific advice or recommendations. Further, the unit had a fairly comprehensive menu book so I pretty much knew which restaurants I wanted to eat at. I guess a newbie to the island may feel a bit adrift by all that, but again, be sure you understand what you are buying and why the price point is where it is.

I also found the “welcome” a bit “non-traditional” in that the friendly woman from the front desk met my cab in the driveway and simply handed me the keys and packet and asked if I needed help with my bags. Having been to AXA several times before, I chalked that up to TN’s intentionally making the beginning of the stay a no hassle event rather than lack of formal process or disrespect. To me it is the same as renting a car from Ronnie and letting him find me later in the week to execute the paperwork. When you think about it, THEY are putting their trust in YOU and not the other way around – kind of nice and totally AXA - just not totally New York! Do you really want to stand in a line, be quizzed about your credit card, and wait until the processing is completed or do you want to get to your room and enjoy the view after a long trip?

While I am sure the reviewer reports truthfully about the high surf, I can attest that during my 2 stays on Meads (the other stay was at Carimar, in May – also great), the water was totally swimmable. I am sure I would have liked my stays far less if I had experienced high surf and was unable to swim in the ocean. I have heard that the surf is seasonal, so I suggest you ask other frequent guests to Meads about when it is predictably unswimmable and when it is not.

I don’t find anything untrue in the review. What I do see is mis-set expectations and a bit of naivety about AXA rates. TN is an awesome place if you know what you are buying and are willing to forego the fawning of a Cap or Viceroy. I know I am (been there, done that!)

Knowledge is power.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
108 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

I just stayed in a studio at turtles nest in Feb. Unit was nothing fancy but was very clean and comfortable. Arrived to fresh flowers in our room and 2 bottles of wine. Very nice touch. Airconditioning worked great. Washer and dryer in unit but I did not use them. Daily maid service was excellent. Customer service was top notch. Jackie greeted us out front as our cab arrived and was so sweet. We could not get our lap top to connect to the internet the first day so she gave us her laptop to use for the weekend! The problem was with our laptop, not a condo connection problem.

I would not hesitate to stay again. If problems arise there is a list of numbers to call 24hrs a day to help you with Condo problems. I cant wait to go back and will stay at turtles nest again.

8. Re: Turtle's Nest Resort "Glitches"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:18