We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the old Caprice

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
397 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
the old Caprice

We ate there the last summer it was open and really enjoyed it. Did the owners or chef move on to another restaurant in AXA? I thought I read that they did but can't find that info.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the old Caprice

Abi who use to run the old Caprice now runs Dolce Vida. The reviews have been rave and they just jumped to the number 2 spot in the Anguilla Restaurant section. Probably a good idea to make a reservation as it's on everyone's hot list.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147238-d1…

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: the old Caprice

Boy am I confused. As far as I know the restaurant named Caprice closed over 5+ years ago. It was on the road to Cap Juluca. Sheriva is on the left and as the road curves to the left Caprice was on the right. Pedro was one of the owners and was the host, bartender etc He opened Perdos Restaurant and Juice Bar just west of the airport roundabout. Last time I talked with him he said they were thinking of turning Caprice into a villa. If it has reopened they sure arenn't getting any publicity. Could you be thinking of Luna Rosa which is where Abi and Christopher were before opening Dolce Vita in Sandy Ground ??

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the old Caprice

Howard, Pedro had Sapphire, then it became Caprice. Caprice is still empty and the sign is still up. It was not open long---a lovely woman from NJ owned it. Abi did work at Luna Rosa, and that is still open. And now

he is at Dolce Vita.

Edited: 28 April 2012, 21:59
Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: the old Caprice

Thanks Penny I knew you'd know. Had a senior moment--yes it was Sapphire. We really did enjoy eating there when Pedro was there. Great Guy. Never did eat at Caprice.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
397 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the old Caprice

Thanks for the info. The men that were running Caprice all those years ago were so nice and made our dinner so enjoyable! We had also gone to Luna Rosa on our last visit to Anguilla and totally enjoyed our dinner there! Looks like this July, Dolce Vita will be on our list of restaurants to visit!

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the old Caprice

Daffy, Da'Vida is #2. Dolce Vita is #12.

Edited: 28 April 2012, 23:33
Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the old Caprice

WHoops!! Bad eyesight! Thanks Kap!!

NYC
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: the old Caprice

wasn't Abi at Caprice too?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,116 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the old Caprice

Yes Chips. Abbi took over from Pedro's Sapphire and named it Caprice. It was a lovely restaurant. I'll never know why it didn't make it except for the fact that the view was not oceanfront maybe(?)

Speaking of Pedro, when we were at Pimms in March we just missed seeing him (he was part of the kitchen staff). We were hoping to surprise him but he'd already left.

:-(

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: the old Caprice

Pedro's juice bar and cafe is closed. A new cafe on road front(where the eye glass place was) is opening and will be called the Wallblake Cafe.

Abit was a Caprice and then Luna Rose and now the wonderful Dolce Vita and he rocks a vodka gimlet, bananas foster, etc. Love Dolce Vita.

AXA Beach Bum