We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renewing marriage vows

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Renewing marriage vows

On our annual Feb trip to Anguilla (14th visit) we thought it would be nice to renew our vows after 10 years together. Has anyone done this on the island and if so can you tell us all the details?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renewing marriage vows

Congratulations! I can't think of a better place to renew your vows. I don't know anyone personally who has renewed their vows there, but here's a link to some info I found.... www.anguillaweddingplanner.com/renewal.htm

NYC
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Renewing marriage vows

We renewed our vows in 2010. The ceremony was extremely simple: Just us, a photographer (Susan Croft) and an officiant (Mary Richardson), on Mead's Bay at sunset. Hubby had no idea it was coming - I lured him out to the beach on the pretext that we were walking over to Malliouhana for drinks, so you can imagine his surprise when Susan jumped out of the bushes, paparazzi-style, and started snapping away! ;) Her photos of our renewal ceremony can be seen here:

http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/12/

Congratulations!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renewing marriage vows

She is a GREAT photographer!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
86 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renewing marriage vows

Got married on the beach between Carimar and Blanchards mid Jan. Rev John Gumbs performed the ceremony. Susan Croft did our photography and was excellent. My wife is the first and third image on the wedding section of her site (in the window behind the bar at Straw Hat). We went with flowers from Black Orchid (Purple Rose is the other option especially if you don't need to rent chairs etc.). Geraud did the cake. All were low stress and accommodating. Although, we found it difficult to finalize details until we met with folks face to face the week of the wedding. For example, Geraud sketched out the cake design as we ate sandwiches at one of the outdoor tables in front of his shop a couple of days before the ceremony. Peter Parles and his restaurant manager Doris at Straw Hat went above and beyond for our reception. If you're looking for a bit of steel drum or guitar Sprocha seems to be the man.

5. Re: Renewing marriage vows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:15