We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

axa to sxm in the morning

USA
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
axa to sxm in the morning

We plan trip to Anguilla in July, followed by several days in Saba. The flight from SXM to SAB leaves SXM at 10:10 a.m. So I guess we need to arrive at SXM by 9:15 a.m. or so. The first Anguilla Air Service flight appears to be too late for this. Is there another airline that has reliable, scheduled service from AXA to SXM? If not, what is the best approach? An early ferry? I want to do this is a way that ensures we don't miss our SXM-SAB flight. But I really do not want to overnight in SXM. Advice? Thanks!

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: axa to sxm in the morning

First ferry is at 7:30 am. Lots of time.

USA
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: axa to sxm in the morning

Thanks. Maybe I should take one of the ferries that leaves from Anguilla and goes to the dock near the airport, to save the time of cab from Marigot to the airport (and traffic, etc.). But I am sort of baffled by the choices (previously we always took the public ferry). Seems there is Funtime, Gotcha, GB, Link, Shauna. Maybe others. I searched this forum and saw lots of posts on which are reliable, which are not, etc. But I cannot discern any consensus view. And I guess these things probably change over time. Is there one of these ferries that leaves Anguilla pretty early in the morning, goes to the dock near the airport, and is considered very reliable? I don't care about a luxury experience. The public ferry has been fine. But want to get there on time. Thanks for any suggestions.

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: axa to sxm in the morning

If you don't mind the public ferry, than stick to it; speaking from experience, it's the only boat that will reliably leave at 7:30. Plenty of taxis at Marigot and at that time of day they should have you to the airport by 8:30. I've done it several times in the past.

Port St Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: axa to sxm in the morning

You can book a Private Charter with Gotcha or Funtime, they will leave when you want to leave, cost will be around $400 one way, plus departure tax.

Acording to their website, GB express has a Schedule Shuttle Service leaving Anguilla 0815 hrs , cost $55 each way plus departure tax.

Transfer time to the dock at SXM airport is approx 25 minutes, plus time at immigration at Simpson Bridge.

Unless you want to pay for Private Charter, I agree with AXA Diver and go on the public ferry.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,133 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: axa to sxm in the morning

Yes, 7:30 public ferry will get you to Marigot 8-8:15am, 1/2 taxi to airport - will get you to the airport by 8:30am - 9am for sure.

Public ferry.

Ellen

6. Re: axa to sxm in the morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:41
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla