We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report, day by day.

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report, day by day.

Hi, y'all. After a false scare or two, we finally made it here last night. Long travel day, but isn't it so worth it? Here's my first post about the travel, the GB ferry, and our first night at Arawak, including photos:

…blogspot.com/2012/06/anguilla-2012-getting-…

USA
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report, day by day.

Thanks for posting this. I am looking forward to reading more. I wish the Crowe, and Mr. Crowe, a wonderful and relaxing trip.

rockville centre, ny
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report, day by day.

Thanks Emily for a great report so far!

So glad you finally made it to Anguilla after some scary moments!

Now, time to relax and enjoy.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Five months and counting for us!

Kathy

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
428 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report, day by day.

Hi Emily,

Nice reading about your adventures thus far. We initially considered Arawak (in fact we still have a night booked with them). Looking forward to hearing a bit more about Arawak and your adventures.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report, day by day.

Glad your husband is doing well, can't think of a better place than Anguilla to speed a full restoration. Look forward to reading future posts.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report, day by day.

I was so excited to see your post in the list! I've been vicariously waiting those 68 hours. So glad you made it same day this time. Now I'm off to get my fix on your blog...

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report, day by day.

Emily thank you for starting your daily posts! Glad you like Arawark. Relax and enjoy your time..... Look forward to you giving me a daily fix of Anguilla!

Chicago
Level Contributor
826 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report, day by day.

I find it hilarious that woman thought you would have her bag. Sorry, but if my bag goes missing, the last thing on my mind would be try to find the bag of the person who may or may not have stolen my bag, so they don't have to go back and get it. People are crazy.

Have a great trip.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,581 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report, day by day.

Emily, I am glad to hear your husband is on the mend, I feel sorry for both of you, it is such a worry.

Anyway, glad to hear you made it, Arawak looks very nice. I have heard about their wonderful hospitality and tasty pizza - sounds great.

Looking forward to hearing about your east end experiences, as we hardly ever get out that way.

Thanks for your time.

Ellen

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report, day by day.

Thanks for all of your kind words of support for my husband, y'all. He's doing much better, if the BP monitor we're using 2x/day is any indication!

Here's my next installment, of an old favorite and a new discovery. A few photos, but I mis-packed and don't have my camera charger or computer connector to download the photos, so now I'll have to rely solely on the camera in my phone. Totally kicking myself!

In other news, I finished my third book of the trip last night and started the fourth one this morning, about which I will also blog/review. As always, thanks for reading!

…blogspot.com/2012/06/anguilla-old-favorites…

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report, day by day.

Thanks for sharing! I have enjoyed your blog posts in the past and used your SJU info when planning our Feb trip. Looking forward to the next installment(s).

We did a multi-leg journey down to PR and then to the VIs in February. The airlines (USAir and American) were absolutely brutual about carry-ons. We were first to board and had room for ours but the FAs were constantly announcing about how personal items must go under the seats, be mindful of overhead storage and so on. After about half the plane boarded, they made everyone check their carry-ons. Later in the trip, leaving STT, the FAs really policed carry-ons. Late arrivals had absolutely no place to put their's and were forced to gate check. Talk about unhappy people!

The nerve of that woman to be annoyed at you! She was the one that took the wrong bag in the first place, why should she expect someone to go above and beyond for her when she didn't take a second to make sure she had her bag?

Edited: 20 June 2012, 16:16