We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure schedule

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
405 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Departure schedule

We leave Sat and our flight out of SXM is at 3. We are at Frangipani. This is the first time we have not flown out of AXA, so could use some help. What time should we be leaving Frang to allow for 2 taxi and a ferry ride? We were told to get to airport 3 hr early? Is that necessary? Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,869 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departure schedule

Most carriers list the time on their website, I think US Airways is 2 hours in advance of departure, but if you read the fine print - they state cut off is one hour prior to departure. We travel on Saturdays and SXM airport is very crowded as that is day of Timeshare arrivals and departures. For a 2:30 flight, I leave the house at 11am - 1/2 hour to the dock and parking and 1 hour on the ferry puts me at the airport at 12:30pm - I take GB as they are very consistent at leaving on time.

We like to arrive at the airport early, get checked in and then have lunch.

Safe travels,

Ellen

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Departure schedule

Recently had a 3:10 AA flight and catching the public ferry at 12:00 was more than sufficient. We could have easily taken the 12:45. But this was not on a Saturday, which might be busier.

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Departure schedule

Saturday does make a huge difference in lines for checkin, security and immigration. On my May trip, I left on a Monday, deliberately to avoid the weekend traffic, and what a difference it makes. We breezed through everything in abut 20 minutes. This is something to keep in mind for trip planning in future - if you can avoid weekend departures, do it!

4. Re: Departure schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:45