We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

Hi there,

My wife to be and I are visiting Anguilla for our honeymoon mid December 2012 and are having a hard time deciding on where to stay. We love the look of Viceroy but at $850 p/n not including breakfast, we're a little put off.

Not that we're tight, but perhaps we've been spoiled by 6 star resorts in Thailand & Bali for 1/4 of the cost. Nonetheless we've chosen Caribbean for something new and unique and want to stay in luxury for our honeymoon.

I understand Cap Juluca is closing for renovations. Can anybody inform us of what is taking place? I have emailed the resort and they have not given me any details (not a sign of a 5 * resort if you can't reply to an email).

CJ & Viceroy both look amazing. I am leaning towards Viceroy but cannot get past $850 without any other inclusions!

Are these resorts worth the $$ given you're up for $400 p'day in Anguilla just to eat and drink?

We are also visiting Vegas for 3 nights, Playa del Carmen for a week and St Barths for 4 nights so its going to be an expensive honeymoon!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

I've read that the island was having trouble with internet lately and some emails were never received. My suggestion would be to resend your email to Cap Juluca. It is a wonderful resort for a honeymoon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,767 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

Agree with ALR about Cap Juluca, fabulous resort with a stunning beach. They are closing Aug 29 to mid November for rennovations of rooms. Another upscale place to consider is Frangipani, very lovely right on the beach (Meads Bay) and within walking distance to several good restaurants.

Sounds as if you are planning a wonderful trip, good luck with your plans and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Ellen

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

CJ is more personal and more private directly on a beautiful beach.

You have a great honeymoon planned--just curious --Playa--are you staying at Escenzia ?

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

I would recommend CJ over Viceroy as well. Not only are the service and the beach wonderful, but it has more of a Caribbean feel to it. Don't get me wrong, the grounds at Viceroy are beautiful as well... it just feels a little more like Miami than Anguilla to me.

Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

Thanks for all your suggestions. Cap got back to me as did Viceroy. The latter seem disinterested and unhelpful with regards to my email.

Had my heart set on viceroy but they're just too $$. Cap seems more romantic and their booking staff are helpful.

PDC we are tossing up between AI or not. Royal hideaway, Grand Velas, Banyan tree. Any suggestions??

Thankd to all for your input :-)

Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

Thanks for all your suggestions. Cap got back to me as did Viceroy. The latter seem disinterested and unhelpful with regards to my email.

Had my heart set on viceroy but they're just too $$. Cap seems more romantic and their booking staff are helpful.

PDC we are tossing up between AI or not. Royal hideaway, Grand Velas, Banyan tree. Any suggestions??

Edited: 21 July 2012, 05:10
Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

new york
Level Contributor
396 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

PDC _Look into Secrets Maroma- great stretch of beach.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,767 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

Agree about Maroma, but I also think Dreams Cancun is outstanding for a honeymoon, plus you would be in town and have access to all the nightspots and not the 45 minute drive to your resort.

Good luck with wherever you choose.

Ellen

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
273 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymooning Aussies in Caribbean for first time

Secrets Maroma! Its awesome.