We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

Big Rapids, Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

We are planning our first trip to Anguilla. For the past few years we have visited Turks & Caicos which has a large number of restaurants near the beach. We always enjoy a nice dinner with a few drinks and then a long walk ( one to three miles) along the beach to get back to our resort.

Don't get me wrong, we are looking for someplace other than T&C, but also would like some recommendations regarding which Anguilla beach might offer something similar.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
503 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

I think meads bay fits your idea perfectly. Quality restaurants on a beautiful bay with a range of places to stay depending on your budget. I love Jacala, blanchads and Straw Hat, all of which are on meads bay.

new jersey
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

Yup, Meads Bay is it. You could not do a three mile walk there, but Viceroy to Carimar is probably about a mile. (I am sure a Meads Bay expert has a more exact take on the actual distance)

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

Meads Bay is great!!

Places to stay: Review all--Carimar , Frangipani , Nathans Cove , Anacaona , Viceroy.

Places to eat: Coba-Viceroy ( at least one other restaurant at Viceroy)

Firefly-Anacaona

Straw Hat-Frangipani

Jacala , Blanchards, or Blanchard's Shack ( closes 8:30pm).

Soft sand--with firmer sand near the ocean--whichever you prefer.

Great beach--all wonderful places to stay or eat!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,767 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

Agree with Meads Bay - here is a shot of the whole beach:

earthcam.com/cams/….Ti1QugNlGcQ.facebook

Ellen

Big Rapids, Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

It appear Meads Bay is the answer. Thanks for all the input and the webcam picture is great.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

By the time you go there might even be another restaurant open on Meads Bay!

Toronto
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

Another option might be to have dinner at Smokey's on Cove Bay just around the corner from Rendezvous Bay and you can walk to your accomodation from Smokey's.....there are lots of villas,Cuisenart Resort and a very quaint,small resort known as the Anguilla Great House.....where you can dine too.Rendezvous Bay is lovely and not nearly as developed as Meads Bay,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,767 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

While I do agree that RB is a lovely beach, there are not nearly the dining choices of Meads Bay beach, plus, I don't think it is possible to get around the point from RB to Cove Bay.

Ellen

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

I would further add, that I dont think Anguilla Great House is a quaint resort, but the beach is lovely, actually our favourite, but again, we don't walk after dinner:)

10. Re: Walking the Beach after a Nice Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 08:15