We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Cozy Beach

New York
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Small Cozy Beach

After all the help you all have given me I thought I made up my mind. I showed my husband some pictures online of Shoal Bay East, Meads Bay & Rendezvous Bay and while he thought they all were pretty he said he would really prefer a small cozy beach. Can anyone recommend a small beach on Anguilla that we can take a taxi to when we get off the ferry? We will spend the day there. Not sure if we will be able to rent chairs, but it seems like this will be more appealing to him and this is an anniversary gift to him so I want to make it special. Thanks!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Cozy Beach

Cove bay is a bit smaller, and you could have lunch there at Smokeys

OR

Shoal bay West, and you could have lunch at Trattoria Tramonto. Its not that small either.

OR

There is also Barnes bay, by Mango's restaurant.

WHEN are you going? Makes a difference, because many things not open till November.

New York
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Cozy Beach

We will be there on October 24. I know it is slow season. I will check these beaches and see if any of these restaurants are open. Thank you so much!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,607 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Cozy Beach

Actually, no, you won't find a small cozy beach in Anguilla with restaurants and chairs.....

Cove will not do it for you, neither will SBW or SBE or Rendezvouz bay or bay by Davida or Meads or Barnes.

And you have already posted about 7 threads in Anguilla and St. Martin...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Cozy Beach

Here's all the beaches

http://beaches.ai/

New York
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Cozy Beach

I apologize Tilly for my many post I did not mean to upset or bother you. I will stop posting at this time. Thank you all for your help. I apologize again if my many questions were a bother to anyone. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

anguilla
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small Cozy Beach

Hi Jamillah,

I think the best/nicest thing to do would be to put together a great picnic, pack a comfortable beach blanket/towel and rent a car.

Then I would recommend finding Little Bay, Sandy Hill, Dropsey/Jobsey, or Limestone Beaches. Many times I have these beautiful places to myself.

The beaches at Captain and Savannah are also secluded and often without another soul in sight.

Let me know if you need directions.

-Carrie

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Small Cozy Beach

Hi Jamillah,

There is a little cove on the other side of the not open Malliouhana Hotel which site on one end ofMeads Bay. I think it is called turtle cove? I have not gone here but have heard about this divine little beach. Now you can't get chairs here but as Veya above suggested

Pack a picnic and take a blanket. Others on forum will have to chime in as to how to get to this little bay and what it is like in late October. When we have been on island last week of October every beach was very empty.

Still my choice would be to set up at the point of Shoal.

Ask as many questions as you like! No bother....I can feel your excitement and wish to get a wonderful Anguilla experience!

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Small Cozy Beach

Turtle Cove is only accessible thru Malliouhana, so its not a public access beach. I believe the owner is still on the property. There are wooden stairs by the junior suites, years ago when we stayed there they even had a guard at the stars. It is a nice spot.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Small Cozy Beach

Jamillah L, I just read on Travel Talk on Line that the cruise ships say they arrive at 8am and leave at 6pm, but quite often they arrive at 10am and then depart at 3pm, be sure you have a back up plan in case that happens with your cruise.

Ellen

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Small Cozy Beach

You can get to Turtle Cove via Long Bay...you just need to bring shoes as you will have to climb over some coral. Turtle Cove is small and secluded...pack a lunch, bring chairs or a blanket and you will no doubt be the only two there. There should be plenty of shade until later in the day. Enjoy!! Also, there is no need to stop posting....ask all the questions you want. This is a forum after all. Don't let one rude poster keep you away. This is usually a friendly forum.