We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

I am again calling on my Trip Advisor friends to help me plan the perfect vacation in Anguilla to match the one I had in T&C last year. I am looking for a full kitchen, one bedroom, seperate living room with satellite/cable TV, ocean view, no pool required. Some of the properties I have been considering are BellaVista, Ocean Terrace, Thye Cottage I or II, Chinaberry villa. I would like to stay within $2000/week and we will be staying for two weeks. Any advice as always would be greatly appreciated!

Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

I have stayed at Thye II two times. Of the two Thye Cottages its the one closest to the water.

I would describe the place as "rustic" (actually i am stealing that description from another forum poster but its accurate). Not fancy but clean. Basic furnishings. Full kitchen, one BR, cable, one bath. The one thing I didn't like is that the BR is not airconditioned. The cottage really does not get any breeze (at least not the BR) so the BR can be warm at night. There is a ceiling fan in the BR and FR as well as two fans on stands.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,773 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

Nathans Cove has everything you are looking for, the cost would depend on when you are going.

www.nathanscove.com - their pictures do not do it justice.

Here is my review from a few years ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147238-d150…

Also, Carimar, Shoal Bay Villas, Blue Waters and Turtles Nest would fit the bill.

Good Luck,

Ellen

NJ
Level Contributor
235 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

Turtles Nest could be in your price range if you are not going in high season. One bedroom oceanfront condo with full kitchen, washer & dryer and a/c in the living area and bedroom. Located on Meads Bay with a few restaurants within walking distance.

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

Yes that was my major concern was the lack of A/C. We are from Nova Scotia so it is a bit much not to have any A/C atleast in the bedroom. Thank you for the information.

S B
New York
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

Carimar would definitely work, no pool but on the ocean, satellite TV, kitchen, near great restaurants and a supermarket. Nice long beach, great for walking, swimming ,or just sitting under an umbrella

CT, USA
Level Contributor
223 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

Turtles Nest is very nice, I stay there for part of my November trip, the rest of my stays are here

http://www.vrbo.com/397045

It's a great house, beautiful view...wonderful breezes most of the time, very clean and very affordable. The name is odd..Quague Tranquil, but I'm totally at home here. If we don't get kicked too hard by Sandy, I'll be there on the 11th and then Turtles Nest for second half of trip.

new jersey
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

We leave for Carimar on Friday and it will be our third time there in the past year. We have stayed at Cap Juluca for the last 15 years and after staying at Carimar this past year, we are hooked. The level of service is fabulous: beach chairs and umbrellas set up each morning; the office is fantastic at arranging restaurant reservations; housekeeping is wonderful. THey have washers/dryers and tennis courts on the property and they just upgraded the furnishings. A/C in bedrooms, modern kitchens and very comfortable beds. Even though they do not have a restaurant on the property, Blanchards Beach Shack is right next door and an easy 2 minute walk on the beach for lunch and/or cocktails. Check out their website for rates and deals.

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

I believe I have narrowed my options down to either the Ocean Terrace or Bellavista. I believe in both cases I will have to travel to get to a beach?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

We stayed here and loved it...

http://windsong.savannahgallery.com/

Quiet and the pool was all ours!

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First trip to anguilla, Trip Advisor help needed!

I had looked at this property however somehow had missed the pictures of the pool area! Is there air conditioning in the villa, atleast in the bedroom. Also what about the TV it only mentions books etc on the web page. Thanks for the info!