We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great doctor in Anguilla

austin
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Great doctor in Anguilla

My husband and I caught some type of bug while here - nothing major, but we wanted to make sure all was well for the rest of the trip. We went and visited Dr. Hughes at Hughes medical. He was great! Saw us right away, had a nice clinic, wasn't very expensive, got us prescriptions, sent us to a pharmacy and we were set within an hour. If anyone gets sick here in Anguilla, I would highly recommend them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great doctor in Anguilla

Glad you had a good doctor experience but a shame you needed it.

I do hope that despite no luggage, a fictitious taxi company, large boats off Mead's Bay and now "some type of bug" you are having a lovely time on the island. You are packing more issues into your one trip than my family has managed in 20 years.

austin
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great doctor in Anguilla

I am having a fabulous trip, all those little things don't really matter much - I just like to let other people know so they can avoid pitfalls or get some help if they need it. My husband and I have been to a lot of beaches around the world and this is ranking up there on top. The people are so genuinely friendly and the beaches are gorgeous. We are definitely coming back and hopefully on a frequent basis....

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great doctor in Anguilla

Sounds as if you have another type of bug - the call to return which so many of us have been experiencing for years/decades!

Glad your holiday is going well, Anguilla is a really special place.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great doctor in Anguilla

Our family also had a very good visit to Dr. Hughes. I came down with a VERY bad head and chest cold (so bad I pulled a muscle from the hacking) My 4 yo son also had a less severe version of it . My husband called first thing in the morning and they had us come in right away.

Every thing about that visit was top notch. We had our Rxs filled on site. I can't remember the cost but it was very reasonable.

Dr. Hughes even gave me her cell phone number in case I needed to reach her directly after hours.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,852 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great doctor in Anguilla

Dr. Hughes is a man...Frankie's brother and Sherilee's brother in law....

unless there are more than 2 Dr. Hughes' :)

Edited: 10 December 2012, 19:14
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great doctor in Anguilla

The one that treated our family was a woman, late 40s/early 50s.

7. Re: Great doctor in Anguilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 01:16