We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

Is this too short? We are flying from Boston and we would be travelling most of the day on our last day. We can fly direct to St Martin on Saturday so that helps, we really want to make the trip work but it seems silly if we can't committ to a longer period of time.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

It would be too short for me...two days traveling leaves three days for exploring the island. Where are you planning on staying?

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

cuisinart? I think its too short as well....and may need to choose something with direct flights which from Boston leaves little to no places, We have Punta Cana, Montego Bay (one way direct home layover), Puerto Rico, Aruba (no thank you) and St Thomas and St Martin (one way only not home), Turks and Caicos (one way only not return) but I am afraid Turks may still be chilly for the beginning of March.

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

That's a tough one but if I had the choice between the islands you were looking at and 3 days in Anguilla, I would go with the short Anguilla trip. You'll be sad to leave though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

If you were a couple visiting Anguilla I agree with Daffy - a trip to Anguilla is always fab but I think that it's too much travelling for such a short stay with a 4 year old.

I see you are also considering DR - don't do it! (For me once in a lifetime was once too many!)

Plan for a longer stay on Anguilla in the future, you will never regret it.

Boston
Level Contributor
404 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

The flight to boston (not nonstop ) leaves SXM late in the aftenoon and connects in san j.

It is still short even the Sat non stop gets in late

It seems no mater where you go its an all day event

How about Puerto Rico, from Boston they have an overnight that gets in at 5am

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

thanks!!! think we need to pass this time. Considering Rosewood Mayakoba.

Boston...
Level Contributor
443 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

I am a huge Anquilla fan, but went to Rosewood Mayakoba last spring... AWESOME... very different vibe from AXA, but really really nice.

Be aware that it is VERY spread out... if you really want to be on the beach, you need a beachfront room or be willing to let them drive you down there...

Staff and service is far better than anything in AXA.

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

Thank you Andrew, its not Anguilla, but hoping that it is still great

9. Re: 5 days 4 nights- essentially 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla