We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calypso ferry/shuttle

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Calypso ferry/shuttle

Hi,

Just found out about them, thinking of taking them from St. M. airport this Sunday. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to my 9th (10th?) time in Anguilla; it's 40 degrees out, which qualifies as warm here...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,845 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

We saw them passing in Nov, small sleek boats, they looked nice, they have info on their website about the late night ferry. We like GB, have tried Shauna, Funtime and GB, for us, GB is the best.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

Ellen,

Thanks for your very prompt reply!

I love GB, too, and always use them to go home, but the timing is never right for the trip from the airport to Anguilla.

Calypso has not replied to my email, so I guess I'll call them. I notice that emails sent through websites don't always seem to go through, at least not from my particular computer.

I think I've seen the boats, too, picking up and dropping off at Cap Jaluca (I was on the public end, so far not had the pleasure of staying at Cap, but I live in hope.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 11:40
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

No ferry service can drop directly at Cap or any other hotel before going first through immigration at Blowing point.

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

Tilly that is right. I did see Calypso go in and out of CJ with guests for day trips.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

So how was the ride(s)? Wife and I are looking at ferry service to get to Anguilla from the St martin Airport the second week in Feb. This ferry is more costly than others, but it is at the airport and should save time overall.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

See-the-world, whether one shuttle or the other saves you more time depends more on the departure time than on whether it leaves from the airport dock or the Police Office dock.

If you really want to save time and only look at the duration of the trip, flying using AAS (Anguilla Air Service) would win hands-down. And you cannot leave closer to the airport than FROM the airport.

AAS is also a great experience, anyway.

Edited: 23 January 2013, 11:07
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

thanks for the info I will look into the air service

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

Just got back from Anguilla, booked Calypso on line for trip from SMX to Anguilla, and when leaving SMX, paid the roundtrip fare (you save $10) to have them bring me back.

The whole thing was smooth, professional, and fun - I'll definitely use them again.

Cost $120 round trip.

I did have to ask the different "greeters" at arrivals if someone had our names down for Calypso; there wasn't anyone there with a sign with our names on it, but that was not a problem. I think there was a young woman there with the info for Calypso and maybe some others, don't recall that she had on a Calypso shirt or anything, but I was pretty tired by that time.

Boston
Level Contributor
380 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

Are they out of the new dock? Can you give a time line. Flight. Landed and arrival at blowing pt

Thinking of using

Thanks

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Calypso ferry/shuttle

I think we took a boat from SMX that was supposed to leave at 3:00, but left a bit late. On the way back, we were booked on an 11:00AM, but got there early, and they were able to take us on a 10:30. I think the times are approximate, but close enough. Yes, out of new dock.

I am by no means an expert, best to call them or email them and ask more questions. I believe I met the guy in charge on the boat back, seemed like a really smart, and nice, guy. It was a very good experience.

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla