We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars near Carimar

USA
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beach bars near Carimar

We're looking at staying at Carimar.........are there many beach bars to walk to from there? We enjoy strolling the beach and stopping for a drink along the way.

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bars near Carimar

Hi!

We're heading to Carimar for our 6th trip in a few weeks, and I know you'll love Carimar!

There are not any true beach bars per se, but you can definitely stop at Blanchard's Beach Shack and grab a drink as you walk the beach. You could also stop in at Straw Hat, which is a little further down the beach, but that's a restaurant (maybe carry your shoes?). And, at the far end of the beach is Viceroy. I think they may have a pool bar, but we haven't ever been up there to check out that side of the hotel. I think you could probably walk up to the Sunset Bar from the beach though, which is fabulous, but I wouldn't necessarily do it if I were in my bikini and cover up. Sunset Bar is a bit fancier than that, at least in my opinion.

You can also make yourself a drink before you leave Carimar, and walk the beach with it. That's what Dragon and I do. We fill the glasses as high as they'll go, and by the time we're on the way back we either stop at Blanchard's for another or return to our room for the refill.

And, once you've walked Mead's, you can always head to the next beach and beach bar hop there too!

Hope this helps!

Have a blast!

Uni (aka Carimar lover)

rockville centre, ny
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bars near Carimar

I was going to say exactly what Uni said!

We make our own drinks before leaving Carimar...there's always the BBS for lunch in addition to a drink.

Mead's Bay Beach is the perfect length for a nice walk and back....you will love it and Carimar too!

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bars near Carimar

And there is a new place Ocean Echo, just west of Straw Hat!

Viceroy has Bamboo on the beach, Aleta by the east pool, Sunset Bar and infinity pool, and If you really want to walk, continue on to Half Shell on

Barnes Bay!

4. Re: Beach bars near Carimar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:18