We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

We are coming to Anguilla next week to stay at Cusinart for 4 nights. Celebrating B-day while there. Which will be a nice outdoor restaurant with great food and pleasant ambience? Live music is a plus- although great food is more important. Shall we go to Viceroy to spend an evening there- hang out at the bar? Any particularly nice places for B-day dinner there? Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Usually go to SXM. First time at AXA. Need advice..

central Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
117 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

We recently celebrated a birthday dinner at Veya with four friends--wonderful food as always, and Omari Bankes seranaded the birthday boy.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,293 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

What night?

Straw Hat is wonderful and they have Sprocka playing on Wed nights.

Their new chef "Nick" is creating fabulous dishes. It is right on the ocean, terrific food, service and ambiance.

We never miss.

Ellen

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

We also really enjoyed our dinner at Veya. Omari plays on Monday nights starting at 7:30 pm. I strongly suggest making reservations in advanced since this is a popular night.

http://www.veya-axa.com/Reservations

Here's what we did on the Monday night. We went to the Viceroy for sunset and cocktails and after we headed to Veya for our 7:30 pm reservation.

Another fabulous dinner we had with entertainment was Straw Hat on Friday night with Kinayah. He starts playing at 7pm - I also recommend making reservations in advance. http://www.strawhat.com/. After our dinner at Straw Hat we headed to the Dune Preserve (next door to Cuisinart) for Omari Banks and the Eleven band (show starts around 9:30 pm).

You can't go wrong with either!

central Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
117 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

Omari happened to be playing at Veya on a Saturday night. We heard him again the next day at da Vida. We also enjoyed Sprocka at Straw Hat on Wednesday night. We almost always make a reservation at restaurants even if just an hour or so before.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

Thank you for your responses. It is a Monday night, so I guess Veya should be the place?Was also looking at Pimms- appears to be expensive and no music- but it is water front. Likely stick with Veya. What kind of food they have- like local seafood type?

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

Just wanted to add another vote for Veya. For a special occasion dinner, it's my favorite on the island.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

Jacala and Blanchard's on Meads Bay were both fantastic.

Veya very nice as well as Sandbar-much more casual, tapas, inventive cocktails.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

Thank you to all of you. Booked Veya for next Monday.

anguilla
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

Dinner last night at Veya was fantastic. Carrie was gracious as always, and suggested a sampler for a main course, which delighted me and my sisiter-in-law....... Pics you say?

www.savannahgallery.com

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
965 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice restaurant to have Birthday dinner

I will be celebrating my birthday at Veya on the 23rd yeah!