We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anguilla here I come :)

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
837 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Anguilla here I come :)

After 5 years of trying to get to Anguilla we are finally booked to go :)

We will be staying at Turtles Nest Beach Resort in April.

Time to reacquaint myself. I started reading about the Link ferry last night. I don't remember that name from before. Is it a good company to use?

Is Bryans Car rental still a good choice?

Is there still a grocery store in walking distance?

I can't find a good map of the island that shows where the restaurants are. Any suggestions on a good map?

I think we will be a blanchards beach shack quite a bit. What other casual places are there to grab a frozen drink or takeout is there near TN?

Thank you for all of your help. I will be sharing lots of pictures.

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anguilla here I come :)

Have not used Link ferry. I like GB Express and Funtime.

Ronnie Bryan is the best!

It would be a long walk in the heat to a Grocery store. Foods 95 I would think is about a mile, maybe more.

Ronnie will give you a map with the car rental.

Blanchard's Beach Shack is great, and an easy walk from TN. Straw Hat and Ocean Echo also within walking distance.

Have a great time!

NJ
Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anguilla here I come :)

Good2beme! Please report back! We're going to TN in May and have never been there, although have been to Anguilla many times.

We have used the Shauna and also the Public Ferry. I think we'll try the Public Ferry again this year, as the Shauna left us stranded. :-(

Ronnie Bryan is the best for a car! the Absolute best!!

Have fun!

Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anguilla here I come :)

Recommend Link. Solid service. Ended up paying a discounted rate too.

NJ
Level Contributor
232 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anguilla here I come :)

We have used the Link four of our last five visits and have had great success. Once I arrive SXM I want to get to Anguilla ASAP and that is what I received. The first visit we used Shauna, big mistake. Also on Meads Bay Jacala and Straw Hat restaurants. We also stay at TN and we love it there. Enjoy!

Boston
Level Contributor
370 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anguilla here I come :)

Just back from 10 days at TN, feel free to ask any questions

We did not make reservaitons for a ferry,but when we exited at about 3:10 , funtime was there and said they had room and was leaving at 3:30 , so we took it, it left closer to 4, and left late on the way home and they want you there 1/2 hr before departure

I got the best deal with Avis, i googled caribean car deals and came up wth an Avis deal ,8 days $233 in season, all others were $320+. they will not leave or drop off at ferry but will transport you to, we took a cab to TN and they delivered the car in the am. Walked ot Ocean Echo the first night! Great dinner

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
837 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anguilla here I come :)

Thanks everyone

Ocean Echo sounds really good thanks for then mention.

I have my 16gb camera card ready to load up with lots of picture and info sharing. We arrive April 27.

I'll keep my eye on Avis's rates as well thank u.

7. Re: Anguilla here I come :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 06:16