We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days: SBE and Rendezvous?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
98 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
2 days: SBE and Rendezvous?

We will be on Anguilla for 2 days and want to visit 2 different beaches. Seems like everyone does Shoal Bay East, but in my travel experiences, what "everyone" does, isn't always the best choice for us. We just want a nice beach with a place to get lunch and a few rum punch (tht won't break the bank). Are these our best options? Any hidden gems we are missing?

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days: SBE and Rendezvous?

What days will you be there? Rendezvous lunch spots are closed on Monday. Meads Bay is another option at Blanchard's Beach Shack, also closed on Monday.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days: SBE and Rendezvous?

Shoal Bay East is the best in my opinion. Several beach bar options and the most beautiful beach I've ever been to. Walk the beach and look at the menus and pick which looks best. You can go from Gwens at the East end of the beach to Tropical Sunsets at the West end and see 7 different options. You can also relax alone or go to the middle of the beach where there's more of a crowd. By crowd I mean maybe 20-30 people at most. It's a can't miss in my opinion. Enjoy

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days: SBE and Rendezvous?

I would say those two beaches are your best option. But if it's a windy day, coming from the East, just head over to Meads instead. We've also found that if it's overcast, you might be better off on Meads.

Eatontown, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days: SBE and Rendezvous?

If the condition of the water matters greatly to you (very calm, lakelike vs some waves, slight undertow), keep in mind that both Meads Bay and Shoal Bay East water can sometimes not be very "calmlike" while the beaches on the other side of the island, (Cove Bay, Rendezvous Bay) are usually very very calm. Mead's Bay probably has the most lunch options in my opinion (Blanchard's beach shack, Jacala, Straw Hat, Firefly and Viceroy restaurants). Rendezvous Bay has Sunshine Shack, Cuisinart (Meditarrean restaurant as well as their beach grill) and Bankie Banx's Dune preserve for lunchtime options. Shoal Bay East has at least 3 restaurant options while Cove Bay has Smokey's restaurant as the only option. Smokey's has live music and dancing usually on the weekend during the daytime which makes it a fun place to hang out during the daytime. But keep in mind if the condition of the water is a factor for you, depending on the day, there can be a big difference from the Ocean side vs. the Caribbean side of the island.

Edited: 27 March 2013, 21:19
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days: SBE and Rendezvous?

Sunsets are amazing on Shoal Bay East. I know that's not what you're asking, but just thought I'd throw that out in case you can find room for it.

Edited: 27 March 2013, 21:31
6. Re: 2 days: SBE and Rendezvous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:15