We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No nudity

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
No nudity

Just to clarify- Anguilla requests no nudity across the island. I have seen it posted a lot, yet saw someone topless on SBE and could tell it was uncomfortable for many around. St. Martin allows topless so I recommend that if it is a big deal for you.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,811 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No nudity

Strictly speaking not true about St. Marten...the Dutch side does not allow topless/nude sunbathing. That does not mean you will not see it but like in Anguilla, some people will be uncomfortable.

St. Barths as well as French St. Martin, topless is absolutely OK.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No nudity

We saw someone on Meads Bay last week too. Given the language she was speaking, the sunbather appeared to be an international visitor, so I assumed she was from a country where this was more common. No one said anything to her at Carimar, but I am surprised that given the glares she got from people (and the fact that no one else was topless) that she did not pick up on or ask about Anguilla guidelines.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No nudity

Yeah I was shocked because I read three St Martin magazines and all of them had topless ads and topless people in beach photos so I wanted to make sure ppl knew the difference between Anguilla and St. Martin!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No nudity

The last time we were at CAP, there were 2 topless sunbathers! My husband was very disappointed that these 2 young women only were around for 2 days! They didn't walk the beach topless but did walk down to the water. The time before, there was a topless sunbather but she was only topless when in her chair. I was surprised that no one said anything to them I guess when you pay that kind of money they let you do what you want???

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
272 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No nudity

Yep, thats why I always stick with the "nude in the room only" rule! Ha-ha. Just joking! There always seems to be a few nude stranglers everywhere. We've encountered them at a resort in Mexico and in the Caymans. They certainly got their fair share of glaring "put a top on" looks!

Texas
Level Contributor
235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No nudity

Maybe people aren't as fast to tell the "hotties" to cover up. 90% of the nudies on Orient should be covered up IMO. In all our trips to Anguilla, I don't ever recall seeing anyone sunbathing topless.

7. Re: No nudity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 18:35
Ocean Beach, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: No nudity

I am in love with Anguilla. Just wondering where you travel to that you could possibly like better. I am curious, as I can't imagine a better place on the planet :)

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No nudity

annie1oceans I assume you are referring to me (my post is been censored) Southern Tulum Mexico, Viegues, Bonaire (changing here also) but obviously Tripadvisor found my post inappropriate and removed it, guess we need to stay with a Disney theme here as nothing I posted was inappropriate. I only told of my experiences years ago when I thought the island was a better place it had population of about 5000 and possibly more goats than people, there were Bulls anchored to the ground on open fields with spikes. We would see maybe two dozen people any given day on any beach.

10. Re: No nudity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 07:18