We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night stay on Meads in Feb

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
One night stay on Meads in Feb

Hey all. Planning an overnight in Feb and would like to stay on Meads on the beach. Turtle's Nest is out since they have a 3 night minimum. Would folks recommend Carimar over Anacaona? Think the noise/people from Viceroy might be an issue at the end of February? Thanks!

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

Just curious--are you staying elsewhere on the island for the remainder of your visit? Or is this a day/night trip from St Martin, perhaps?

For only one night, and if Meads is definitely the beach you want, I'd go with Carimar since you're right on the beach.

Boston...
Level Contributor
441 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

Yes, Carimar (especially an ocean front room) will give you a much better beach experience. Anacaona has its fans, but unless the price is way lower, I don't see the point of giving up the beach location. Anacaona is the rebranded version of a much older property and it retains much of the "old vibe" mixed with some trendy flash. Being so close to Viceroy and it's target audience would also present challenges to me.

new york
Level Contributor
418 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

For a true Anguillan experience I would stay at Anacoana. You will have the true beach experience of Meads Bay in the day but as night falls you will have a bar and restaurant on premises as well as Orlando's beautifully manicured gardens. We were at Turtles Nest the first week of August and the only ones at our beach chairs and we walked past Carimar and every chair was taken. Not sure we will ever stay at Carimar again. Chairs too close to each other-great clean units though.TN units were large and spacious if you can see beyond their unappealing exterior. I would go for Anacoana for charm and bet it is lower in price.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

Thanks all. It's a day trip from SXM. We've done Anacaona before, and it was nice. But since we're just staying for one nite, we were hoping to be directly on the beach. I'm not a fan of being right next to people on the beach, but I'm also not a fan of loud music disturbing my quiet beach time. I guess we might make cost be the deciding factor!

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

The TN three night minimum may be just for the condo units. Go back to them and ask about a studio unit in building 2.. Preferably east side. The studios would be fine for one night

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

You could, of course, choose another beach to be on altogether. Maybe Rendezvous Bay? Shoal Bay?

Somewhere Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

If you are looking for ease to the beach and quiet - Carimar is the place.

…blogspot.com/2013/06/friday-parade-rest.html

In the morning yes they do line up the beach chairs, but there is no rule you cannot move them. And the staff is so courteous and helpful I am sure they would do it for you.

I cannot say enough nice things about our stay at Carimar and the wonderful staff.

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

I'm with Ejcrowe, what about another beach? If you are looking for quiet beach time where you won't be disturbed how about Anguilla Great house? It's very reasonable, and right Rendezvous. If money isn't an issue, Cuisi is fantastic-and although they have their beach chair area on the beach, you can spread out there no problem.

9. Re: One night stay on Meads in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 07:21
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla