We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to Anguilla in 2 weeks

Barbados
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
moving to Anguilla in 2 weeks

I know this sounds crazy because it's August but I'm relocating to Aguilla due to my husband's job and I wanted to know should I bring my Christmas tree/decorations or is it possible to buy artificial nice trees there. I live in Northern Ireland and I've never been to Anguilla it's going to be a nightmare moving as it is bringing the dog the cat and my son's music equipment etc. As well as expensive but I just wondered if anyone out there can give advice.

I move in just over 2 weeks I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks xxx

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to Anguilla in 2 weeks

Yes, you can buy artificial Christmas Trees and decorations on the island and sometimes there's even some "cut" live trees available. The selections and quality probably won't be as extensive as you are use to seeing/getting back in Ireland.

Barbados
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moving to Anguilla in 2 weeks

Thank you so much for your help I've been doing my husband's head in lol I just didn't want to end up decorating a palm tree because it's just not the same thing. It's going to be weird having Christmas in the sun. Just trying to work out what to take and what to not bother with is proving to be hard going because we've never been to the island so I'm so grateful to everyone contributing on forums like this it's helped me greatly

xxx

Somewhere Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: moving to Anguilla in 2 weeks

The first year of our marriage, my wife and I lived on the western end of Puerto Rico. We had only been on island for about 3 weeks before Christmas Day. We went to the grocery store to do the initial load out of our kitchen, and we were so pleased there were fresh (well kinda fresh) trees in the parking lot. My wife insisted that we get one, but I convinced her not today. I would come back tomorrow with a friend’s truck and not scratch the top of our car trying to tie the tree to our little Honda.

Next morning my friend and I headed to the store to get two Christmas Trees in his truck. My heart sank as we pulled into the parking lot to see not one tree left.

It was an artificial tree for us on our first Christmas together and my wife cried all day. The artificial tree came down the next day and for the last 34 Christmas we have been together there has always been a “Real Tree” in our house.

Moral of the story: When you live in the islands if you see it and NEED IT, WANT IT, or think it would be nice to have – BUY IT. There is a better than average chance it will not be there when you come back.

I know you will love living in the islands and Anguilla is one of the best! It will not take long to adapt to island time… But hey you already live on island.  And believe me Meads Bay will be much warmer than the Irish Sea in December.

Barbados
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: moving to Anguilla in 2 weeks

Thank you I will show my husband your post because he always says not today lol. We are looking forward to going and it will be nice to have warm rain for a change :-)

5. Re: moving to Anguilla in 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:22