We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what do you miss?

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
277 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
what do you miss?

I'm missing Anguilla today. What do you miss most when you aren't on island? I miss little things like the smell of the bougainvillea flowers, and the feeling of total contentment as I look out at the water towards St. Martin, while on Rendezvous Bay! Wish I was there!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
620 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what do you miss?

As soon as I saw your post, I thought about sitting on a lounger at The Place on Rendezvous, under a palm tree. Book in hand, Red Stripe on the side table. Beautiful. Wish I wasn't out of vacation time for this year already!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what do you miss?

Toni- I think you are a fellow cuisinart lover like myself :)

I love rendezvous bay at night, sitting on a beach chair looking at the twinkling lights of st Martin and feeling the cool soft sand between my toes. Less than two months to go now!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what do you miss?

Oh I am a Rendezvous Bay fan too!!

I miss strolling up the beach to The Sunshine Shack and having a lovely cold beer with my perfectly cooked snapper.

We had a gloriously hot day in London today and had brunch on a boat by the river - wonderful- except we couldn't help saying "if only we were at Garvey's !"

Wish I could say "less than two months" . It will be next year for us :(

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,980 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what do you miss?

Gloriously hot second day in or near London....we spent the day in Cotswolds yesterday, fabulous, but the weather is not going to last.....we went to the Caribbean twice this year, and maybe again next week......the problem is the connection, plenty of flights to Antigua, but then where to go....Rendezvous bay (thought not the shack) are our favourite places too.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 18:50
Palm Beach Gardens
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what do you miss?

Even though we try to live here year round, when we're not here what we miss is the soft sand and perfect waters of Rendezvous Bay. My first photo of our first day on that beach is still my most favorite computer wallpaper!

Edited: 05 September 2013, 21:18
Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what do you miss?

Besides all of the above, dollar Heinekens at Uncle Ernie's hanging out with Cyril and Pressure King!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what do you miss?

Having our morning coffee on the 2nd floor balcony at SBV overlooking beautiful Shoal Bay.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what do you miss?

I miss arriving at Shoal Bay in the morning, parking at Elodias and setting up our beach chairs beyond, almost to the point. Shoal Bay is quiet, so beautiful with all the shades of blue and the softest sand. We love hanging there all day taking numbers walks, swims and rum and tonics. Heavenly~~~~~~~~

NJ
Level Contributor
483 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what do you miss?

What do I miss? That's easy: Anguilla's people. :-)

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what do you miss?

Oh, I miss all of those things. And sunsets on the balcony. And breakfasts at Geraud's. And so many more!