We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have finally moved to Anguilla!

Barbados
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
We have finally moved to Anguilla!

Arrived on Friday brought over with Calypso Charter we had 3 adults a cat, dog, 4 huge cases, 2 guitar cases and 3 hand luggage. They met us with a fab welcome we were tired having set off on Thursday from Dublin. Highly recommend them! Then we picked up our SUV at Andy's Rental again so helpful and great service from booking on the net to meeting us at Blowing Point. Even my land lady Adelina came oh and Suzie and Sally from Aarf were there too.

Our condo at Sandyhill Bay Club is gorgeous and we love the wee beach the water is so blue and the sand so soft it's amazing. I'm so blessed my husband has got a job here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful I love it! So if you are thinking about a holibob in Anguilla do it's worth the travel.

Oh I forgot we went yesterday for lunch at On Day Rocks simply devine crayfish, chips and coleslaw made with coconut! Out of this world !

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
SE MA
Level Contributor
247 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

Good Luck on your new beginning. I am certain you will have many amazing experiences. Keep us posted.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

Envious!

ontario canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

Glad you landed.....sans Christmas Tree.....just a tidbit....locals & expats you will find at Sea Spray....The Smoothie Hut.....great gals & a few laughs....your son will have a fun time with all the live music on the Island.....all the best to you and yours....

Boston...
Level Contributor
493 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

I was just thinking of you and your family... glad you made it. I think with your positive attitude, you will transition very well and find all the wonderful things to love about Anguilla.

Do continue to post questions here as the folks here know a lot.

Soon we will be relying on you for insider information!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

So glad you made it and are loving it so far. Please keep posting! And please go to Madearimans on Shoal Bay and say hello to / meet Jeannette Truitt. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

Aww thanks for all the lovely comments and soon if we can work out how to upload pictures lol I will. Just had a lovely local Rasta man and his family pop in for a beer we met on the flight down.

ontario canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

You might want to start a blog.....then all your friends & family can read & see pictures too.....

Barbados
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

I'd love to I just need to get the child to show me how to set one up lol

SE MA
Level Contributor
247 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

Check out Roy's on Friday nights. Excellent price on roast beef and Yorkshire pudding or fish and chips. Many ex-pats are regulars there.

Cherish every day and use that mosquito milk/ repellant!

Mentioned in this post
Yorkshire
Yorkshire
England, UK
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We have finally moved to Anguilla!

Congrats to you, Suzie at AARF is a wonderful person, she really cares about the animals and tries to find all of them homes.

I am sure you will meet many wonderful people, do post your adventures, it would be fun to hear how you are adjusting to island life.

Ellen