We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

Denver
4 posts
Save Topic
Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

Hi! I am traveling to Anguilla from March 22-29 with my family (husband, two kids, brother and mom and dad) and looking for a 3-4 bedroom villa that is on or short walking distance to Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach. I love the location of Anguilla Great House but have read lots of feedback that it needs work. Definitely not looking for extreme luxury, but something nice and clean with a quick walk to beach with kids. Any ideas would be so much appreciated!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

Bellemare on Shoal Bay East

http://www.vrbo.com/21455

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

What's your price range?

Denver
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

Great question - I was hoping to stay under $400-500/night...

Denver
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

Maybe this isn't possible when right on the beach... perhaps up to $800/night?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
518 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

My first thought was either Seabird Villa or Songbird Villa - they're 2 newer 4 bedroom villas on the Anguilla Great House road about a minute's walk from the public beach access. However, I did a quick peek at the rates and they are quite a bit over your budget. Not sure if there's any flexibility, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm not sure about Shoal Bay, but there aren't really that many villas on/right around Rendezvous unless you rent in the Cul de Sac area, and that isn't going to be a super easy walk to the beach (it's rocky and you have to cut through the old Rendezvous Bay Hotel property to get to the sand).

You could try Bow Green Villa - I'm not sure about the walk from there to the beach, but it has 3 bedrooms and a pool, and may fall within your budget (I found different rates on different websites).

Good luck!

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

There are a few houses that sit back off of Rendezvous and behind Anguilla Great House. They are a 5 minute or less walk to the beach. You drive into that section along the same road that leads to registration at AGH, a right off the road leading to the beach from the main road. We have walked back there and it's quiet; villas look nice, and the view over the trees is to the beach and SXM.

Hate to be so vague but my old brain is digging for the name of the "villas" area. There are 4-5 houses and the rent is fairly reasonable from what I understand from a lady we met on the beach who spends her winter in one of them. Maybe someone here (or Ellen, since you are there maybe you can check the name on the sign, which is with the AGH sign, and post) remembers the name of those places.

I'd also suggest you contact Jackie Pascher at IslandDreamProperties.com to see what she can find for you.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

Erin,

My idea's a little different than the beachfront villa but hear me out... consider a look at Grand Outlook Castle or Ce Blue. Neither is on the water. Both would give you some of the most beautiful vistas on the island... maybe anywhere in the Caribbean and take care of your b.r. needs and put you w/in minutes of beaches. Both have pools & the sunsets, the water and the profile of the island are unbelievable from these 2 villas.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

Just a tad beyond the budget, though.

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

The Bayberry/Chinaberry villa complex might work. They say that there's a shortcut to a small cove at the end of Rendezvous from there, but I'll say now that I never found it. They're two nice villas that share a courtyard and have simply gorgeous views of Rendezvous, but they're not on the beach. They come with cooler, beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkel gear, etc. My husband and I rented them with my mom for one trip and we really enjoyed it. The kitchen in Bayberry, the 2-brd villa, is especially well-stocked.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa for rent on Rendezvous or Shoal Bay beach?

I think this will suit your budget and Rendezvous Bay is at walkable distance from the villa.

maccaribbeanvillas.com/greengard_villa_renta…