We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle pick up

Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle pick up

We arrive at 1:10 pm , is it safe to say that the 2pm shuttle to anguilla would be our best choice?

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle pick up

Might be a little tight by the time you get off the plane, go through immigration, get luggage etc. Consider carry on luggage to avoid the last. For immigration use the line on the left for in transit travelers. Another option is to use Anguilla Air Express--They have a flight at 2:30 PM that arrives AXA 2:40 PM. A little more expensive but worth it. Customs and Immigration at AXA airport is a lot faster than at Blowing Point. If you rent a car from Ronnie Bryan he will leave the car at the airport for you. Don't know about other car rental agencies

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle pick up

If you are doing carry-on you stand a decent chance of making it. I've done it plenty of times but then again it also depends on the day of arrival. Weekends might be tougher.

However, even if you don't make it, there is another one waiting right around the corner within 1/2 hour.

I'd chance it. Worst case scenario, you'll have to wait a bit longer. But you'll never be stranded.

Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle pick up

When I called I told them all my info and they said that flight sometimes comes in at 12:40 and they put me on the 1:30 pm shuttle now I'm worried I'm not making that. Will they just have me wait for the next shuttle .

Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle pick up

When I called I gave them all my info and they said that flight sometimes comes in at 12:40 and they put me on the 1:30 pm shuttle now I'm worried I'm not making that. Will they just have me wait for the next shuttle . I had asked what time would best fit my schedule arrival . We will not check any bags and only have carry ons but I don't think that leaves us very much time. I will be arriving on a weekday in January , are they just taking reservation and seeing what happens on the day of arrival.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle pick up

That is really cutting it close. Many things could happen that you cannot count on.

Better to take the next shuttle. There are some really decent times for shuttles.

Funtime leaves at 2 pm.

Calypso leaves at 2:15 pm

GB leaves at 1:30 but the next one leaves at 2:45.

Your safest bet is Funtime or Calypso.

Without knowing exactly what time your plane arrives, why not go with Calypso. Rates are good too.

Port St Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle pick up

Alternatives are Private shuttle, cost approx $450, they meet you when plane lands, no stress in case you plane is late, and straight onwards without further waiting, to Anguilla. Funtime and 'Gotcha' Garfield Seacharter do Private Shuttles.

or

taxi to Marigot and the public ferry across to Anguilla. Public ferry is $ 15 each, plus $5 tax. Taxi is approximately $25 - 30. You also get to experience St. Maarten traffic, sometimes good sometimes bad, and appreciate Anguilla even more. Personally I think everyone should do it at least once.

Edited: 24 November 2013, 08:03
7. Re: Shuttle pick up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18