We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allamanda

Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Allamanda

Does anyone know if the beach is still not easily reachable from Allamanda? Last February, you could no longer walk from Gwen's to the rest of Shoal Bay. The owner indicated he might be able to do a path from there to the beach.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allamanda

We were on Shoal Bay in May and had no problem walking to/from Gwen's and the Shoal Bay Villas area. Yes there was a portion that was ankle to shin deep but not for long and never as high as knee deep.

USA
Level Contributor
274 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allamanda

We r here now (nov 24) and you can walk the beach. I posted some pics on FB (Anguilla Forum) if you would like to see.

Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allamanda

Thanks for the info. Do you still have to climb down at Gwen's and wade all around the old spa building? My I phone fell out in the surf last year!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,688 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allamanda

I was there today, parked at Elodias, you would have to wade through water to get to Gwens, we drove to Gwens, Gwens has no beach and yellow danger tape to keep people away from the edge, it is a sad state.

Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allamanda

Just a few years ago it was a lovely walk all the length of the beach. Guess Allamanda is no longer a good, inexpensive alternative on Shoal Bay.

mimi092
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allamanda

Just returned from there on Wednesday. That part of the beach is still washed out.

mimi092
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allamanda

Allamanda is still a wonderful, affordable place to stay but you definitely need a car. Zara's Restaurant was excellent, as well.

8. Re: Allamanda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:18