We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have done Scilly Cay...which one next?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Have done Scilly Cay...which one next?

We are headed back to Anguilla in January and I can't wait! Just wanted some recommendations about doing another "island day". Last time we went to Scilly Cay, but wanted to know this time, if we should try Sandy island or Prickly Pear? Any comments appreciated. Thanks

Pa
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have done Scilly Cay...which one next?

We have done Scilly numerous times so we tried Sandy Island last year for a change. First of all they charge you to take you out to the island,. Second the food was only okay and very expensive. A large boat of people arrived and service became very slow. I preferred Scilly Cay as the food is to die for and the rum punches are really potent.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Have done Scilly Cay...which one next?

I recommend going out on Chocolat for the day. Capt. Rollins and Deon are great fun...they'll take you to Prickly Pear for snorkeling and lunch and then you'll head over to Sandy Island for more snorkeling, or you can just hang out on the beach if you prefer....80.00 for the day...food/drink included. It's always the highlight of my trip. I was disappointed with Scilly Cay this past trip...my friend ordered lobster and I ordered chicken. They came over an hour later to us they were out of lobster, so he ordered crayfish...an hour later we were served....my chicken must have been on the grill for the entire time...it was tough and dry....big disappointment, as my first time there in 2009 was excellent.

Boston
Level Contributor
410 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have done Scilly Cay...which one next?

Curious. What is the price of lobster at Scilly cay

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have done Scilly Cay...which one next?

Just an update: I did manage to visit Sandy Island and I really enjoyed it. Its more remote than Scilly Cay and I think that adds to the charm. The grilled lobster was fabulous.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have done Scilly Cay...which one next?

Glad you enjoyed Sandy Island. Next trip you should plan to go out to Prickly Pear then. Great snorkeling with splendid isolation and tasty food. The charge for the trip out there is well worth it for this wonderfully unique AXA experience.

http://www.pricklypearanguilla.com/main.htm

6. Re: Have done Scilly Cay...which one next?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 07:18