We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Lobster

Hello All ;)

This may be a scilly question! Is lobster in season in mid to late June? Thinking of going to Scilly Cay for a lunch in June, and since the only other food on the menu is Chicken, wondering if it would be worth it to go or not. Thinking not if lobster is not in season.

Thank you!

djb

MA
Level Contributor
240 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster

Not sure if lobster is in season then but if not, you can get crayfish if you don't want chicken.

Many like it even better than lobster. I like them both! And Scilly's chicken is excellent too.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 20:10
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster

djb,

to the best of my knowledge, Scilly Cay has chicken, crayfish, & lobster on their menu all the time. It's kind of a tradition that most tourists try Scilly Cay, at least once. Many go back a bunch of times. They try to have live music on Sundays, which is fun.

MA
Level Contributor
240 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster

To be sure you get lobster, call ahead to order. There are times they don't have any.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster

thank you for the info!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster

Gorgeous will also make you a pasta and fruit plate if you do not like the chicken or lobster.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobster

Not that I don't like chicken, I prefer lobster. Not sure about crayfish. Hubby said not good. He likes it, he knows what I like and dislike, and he said I wouldn't like crayfish. If anyone out their can tell me when lobster season is I'd really appreciate it.

djb

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobster

We love Scilly Cay as they do make the best grilled lobster and wonderfully dangerous and delicious rum punches. June is indeed end of lobster season but if anyone can get Eudoxie and Sandra will have them. As other poster suggested request lobster when you make your reservation. Anguillan crayfish are not at all like crayfish you get in states. I think the crayfish are a young spiny lobster... Others can chime in. In any case the crayfish are sweet and tender and a treat not to be missed. If you get lobster at SC be sure and get crayfish at Jacala or Veya.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobster

J&K,

Thank you so much for your input! I will be sure to request it before hand. I will defiantly give crayfish a try. Veya and Jacala are on my restaurant list too.

Thanks again!

djb

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
387 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lobster

The crayfish are not like what you will find in the US. They are delicious and in my view even better than the lobster. The finest restaurants in Anguilla serve the crayfish.

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
387 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lobster

Just looked it up. Crayfish are really spotted spiny lobster. The lobster are regular spiny lobster.

uncommoncaribbean.com/2012/…

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla