We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rendevous Bay Hotel

USA
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Rendevous Bay Hotel

What happened to this hotel? I recall some years ago it closed and they were going to build expensive villas. I gather that never happened, but the hotel is still closed? Is that right? Any plans to re-open it? (I still think it is the best beach on the island).

vancouver
Level Contributor
182 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

They were fixing it up last year over the Christmas holidays while I was there but this year it looks completely abandoned again.

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

That place was just awesome. Somebody needs to put up a simple hotel back in that spot and they will sell out immediately. It is the best beach ANYWHERE!

ontario canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

Last year....from a story I heard there was a lady who had always stayed at that hotel & she paid some money to have one part done so that she could stay in the place for the winter....

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

I heard Mrs. Gumbs say yesterday that she lives in the Rendezvous Bay Hotel unit closest to The Place restaurant. The other bldgs are closed. it's a super spot so it's surprising no one's finished the Gumbs' vision. Gotta be a statement about how tough the economy's been.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 15:26
Minnesota
Level Contributor
389 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

Always one of our favorite places on Anguilla. True 'old' Caribbean style. The Cedar Grove restaurant was by far the most inviting, relaxing place to be in the evening, and delicious food. It's so sad that The Gumbs family closed it down. So many people loved that place and would be lined up if it were to be open again.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
ontario canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

Would love to be Mrs. Gumbs for a year.......

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

Mrs. Gumbs did say that she lives in one of the buildings that is still standing after all of the storms and economic hit. She rents one of the units out to visitors.

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

Will be interested to see what's there and open next month when we get there. Last year, there were about 6 units open and about 3-4 of them were occupied, including one by a lady who used to stay there all the time and was there for several months. If they fixed those 6 up, why not keep them open for rental?

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

I would be there in a heartbeat

10. Re: Rendevous Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:17