We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cheap lunch on the beach

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Best cheap lunch on the beach

Hey guys. Planning my very short trip to AXA next month and plan on splurging for dinner. Thus, I'm curious to know what are your favorite, less expensive places to eat lunch with toes in the sand. We've done Blanchards and are looking to try something new. Thanks in advance!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

Smokeys has some good sized lunch plates (chicken & rib combo or the curried chicken roti sandwich) that my wife & I often split.

You could also buy deli sandwiches at Best Buy grocery and take them & a drink to the beach w/ chairs... quite a few do it.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

Don't miss the opportunity to grab some vittles from Gerauds and bring them back to the beach with you.

They'll pack it all up for you. (And their pastries are deadly!!)

Port St Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

Roy's Bayside Grill has daily lunch specials, $10.

Monday : Roast Prime Rib Sandwich with Horseradish Mayo and fries

Tuesday: Roy's Reuben, slaw, melted Swiss cheese and fries

Wednesday: Croque Monsieur with fries

Thursday: Philly Cheesesteak with fries

Friday: Local Tuna Melt with Fries

Saturday: Meatball Sub with fries.

Free loungers for customers.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

Tropical Sunsets with its great location on SBE (at a site where the parking is free), other than chicken, ribs and burgers menu (think crab fritters, cracked conch, skewered pork), and wonderful hospitality is where go for a a most excellent and relatively inexpensive lunch. And in addition to take out from Geraud's, Le Bon Pain in Island Harbor will prepare yummy sandwiches for you to take with you. Their quiche is great as well.

Edited: 27 January 2014, 12:15
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

Definitely Tropical Sunset. Great inexpensive food (curry chicken is fantastic), friendly service and perfect view.

new jersey
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

On Mead's, try Ocean Echo. The prices are good, the portions are large enough to food is really great. Or on Friday or Saturday, stop at B&D's BBQ (it is a local family's yard and is across from Lucy's on the road up from Malliouhana.) Fabulous ribs, chicken, fish and sides (pasta salad, coleslaw, potato gratin) and cold beers all for a very low price. You can sit under the tarps right there, or take it to go and bring it to the beach.

On Sandy Ground, try Dad's or Johnno's for lunch (Johnnos has great music on Sundays) or for a very special lunch in a garden setting, try BonJour Cafe, on your way down to Sandy Ground and on the road right after the entrance to Veya. II is such a neat place.

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

And there is also Blanchard's Beach Shack on Mead's Bay, which chairs and umbrellas available for rental.

North Salem, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

Last time I checked Uncle Ernie's was a pretty good deal. Inexpensive ribs, chicken, combo, fish platters that are tasty and cheap beers.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

New on Meads Bay beach this year is D' Sand Pit, a barbecue /bar service for lunch right on the beach, just before Viceroy. It is the beach restaurant belonging to Anacaona Boutique Hotel, which is not visible from the beach, but is a very short walk from a path alongside the barbecue. My husband and I shared shrimp and chicken kebab platters, which came with very tasty cole slaw and a choice of rice and peas or fries. There is a menu with quite a choice of entrees for lunch. While not a full restaurant facility (meaning there is no restroom or kitchen on the beach), they do have the means to make a good pina colada! Cold beer, sodas, water are available as well. Hi Top Tables and stools, comfy sofas or picnic tables offer seating in the sun or sheltered under a white tent. Try it! Lunch is also served at the Firefly restaurant overlooking the hotel pool, and it was there that my husband enjoyed a huge and wonderful burger, fries and cole slaw. Home for two days, and missing our dear friends from Anacaona...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best cheap lunch on the beach

Thanks everyone for your responses. We're actually staying at Anacaona, but I didn't realize their beach "restaurant" had opened! Lots of good options to choose from.