We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

I'm still trying to come up with a plan for how are days are going to work in Anguilla. We are used to eating breakfast (either out or in our condo), going to the beach for most of the day, going home for lunch which is usually something small or leftovers, going back to pool or beach and then going home until dinner. We don't usually go out to lunch-maybe once over the course of 2 weeks is our norm. We usually stay somewhere on the beach with loungers/umbrellas/etc. Sometimes we get a few drinks, but not too much. We are usually at the beach from 10-1 and then again 2-4ish.

I was figuring we'd switch it up for this trip because we want to try a bunch of different beaches. We will be staying in Sandy Hill and our condo comes with 2 chairs and an umbrella, but there are 4 of us...and my husband and I prefer lounge chairs. We are planning on making breakfast in the condo almost all mornings and I'm thinking we will eat lunch out some but definitely are looking for casual and not fancy lunches. I'm wondering how early places start renting loungers? For the restaurants with complimentary loungers do you have to eat and then go to the beach or can you go to the beach and eat a couple hours later? Do most of them serve you on the beach or can you wear beach attire? Also, who rents lounge chairs and allows you to bring a picnic lunch?

Also wondering if anyone has contact information for Junior Fleming? Thank you!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,537 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

Blanchards Beach Shack loungers are $3.00 each per lounger, you do not have to eat. They usually have their loungers set up by 10:30am - 11am.

Anguilla Great House is $5.00 per lounger - you pay, then you get your lounger, do not have to eat. The hard part is probably finding someone to get you a lounger.

Happy planning.

Ellen

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

Thanks Ellen-and I mean our not are but tripadvisor won't let me correct it:-)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

Dere "are"arubafamily:

Eye luv that yew correktid yore misteak.

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

Lol.

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

If you went to Elodies and had lunch the lounge chairs are great and Junior always stops there. If not ask Carol for his number...great day at Shoal Bay!

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

You could also go to Trattoria Tramonto and Smokey's. Both are on great beaches and have lounge chairs. I have no idea if you can rent them early or not, but it's worth a shot! I love both beaches; but in Anguilla you can't go wrong with any beach! They may be too pricey for what you want for lunch, though. Blanchard's Beach Shack might be more in line with what you want. We stay at Carimar, and I can tell you we LOVE that beach shack!

I'm actually trying to step out of my rut of the usual this year too, and we're going to try Tropical Sunsets for an afternoon. That might be another spot to think about.

Hope this helps!

Uni

Connecticut
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

Both Smokey's at the Cove and The Place (on Rendezvous Bay) have complimentary loungers and umbrella's for folks who have lunch there, and the order doesn't matter (lunch/beach or beach/lunch). We ate at both last week, and though we didn't use the chairs -- we were at a beach for the morning, then lunch, then back to villa by the pool for a while -- they couldn't have been nicer about the offer to set them up for us. The menu is the same at both restaurants, as are the T-shirts!, and we had excellent BBQ ribs/chicken, with cole slaw, rice n' peas, fries, etc. plus icy cold Caribs at both. Not inexpensive, about the same as at Elodia's, and a lovely way to spend some time.

Ditto for the suggestion to check with Elodia's about Junior. He usually moors his boat nearby, and is there around 9:30-ish or so, or perhaps they can give you his number. We haven't gone out with him but it's deifnitely on our list for next time!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

The beach chairs and umbrellas are always set up at Elodias so you can go as early as you wish. When Carol arrives, usually between 10:30 - 11, you can pay for the chairs. Parking is free. You can eat at your lounge chairs or in the restaurant area. It is very casual and beach attire is just fine. You can also bring your own lunch and order waters and drinks from Carol. We love making our own sandwiches with Gerauds baguettes, Frankies tomatoes and Rainbow Farms arugula and basil. We set up our own chairs just beyond Elodias and then order drinks throughout the day from Carol. This area of SB is wonderful - very quiet, great for swimming, and walks. As Wamsuttagirl shared you will most likely see Junior in the mornings by Elodias. We are usually there by 9 a.m. as love the mornings on SB and he is usually there getting ready for his first group or people.

What time of year will you be going?

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

Thanks so much! I'm going to look into those places. I'm hoping to get a list of beaches and chair rental/restaurants organized so we can plan days based on when we want to get bbq and sandwiches and bring them with us.

canton,ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Still Trying to Come Up with a Beach Plan

Tropical Sunsets has loungers, some year charge and others not

Hanks has free loungers with lunch, you can sit first eat later

Nat's now has some loungers, I think there is a charge At Junk's Hole

Straw Hat has free loungers with lunch

Roy's has free loungers with lunch but often has a catamaran crowd

DaVida has free loungers with drinks or lunch at Crocus

Garvey's has free loungers on Rendevous as well