We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

I have been drooling over the menus at Straw Hat but love the cushy looking chairs at Ocean Echo. I'm wondering how people who have been to both would compare them?

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

My personal preference would be Straw Hat. That said have had lunch at Ocean Echo twice in the past year and it was very good. You can't go wrong with either. Why not OE for lunch and Straw Hat for dinner

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

Too far from the East End for dinner unfortunately. Basically looking for sandwiches on the beach for lunch!

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

Blanchards Beach Shack? That's an awesome sandwich and you can do chairs. for $3 a piece. Just another idea!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,949 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

If I had to choose between the two I clearly prefer Straw Hat for lunch. But it's such a subjective question. Everyone's tastes are different.

CT
Level Contributor
213 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

Love Ocean Echo for lunch - free beach chairs and great food - love the nicose salad with your choice of chicken, tuna or shrimp. Plus, Adrea from Mangos is there!

Boston
Level Contributor
413 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

We had one of our best dinners at ocean echo this week and we have eaten jeverywhere that people put on their must list!!

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

Comfortable beach loungers, and great service at Ocean Echo. Food and drinks are good too!

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

They are both very good. Ocean Echo doesn't get the traffic SH does likely because they have only been open since last year. Their food is excellent; it's not crowded: nice beach chairs and if you have the Anguilla discount card, you save 10%.

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

I'm thinking a day at a each. Split about Blanchard's. It sounds good, but maybe a bit crowded?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Echo or Straw Hat for Beach Lunch?

Why don't you leave some of the decisions while you are there? All of these options are on the same beach, you can walk by and see which appeals to you that day. No need to over plan- seems like you have a long list already from your posts. Just relax and enjoy.