We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit.

Hello,

Any thoughts on what is the best time to visit weather wise, yet with that thought in mind, the best time for less crowds? Thanks in advance for your help.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,057 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit.

May

chicago
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit.

Im here now and id say may is not the best time unless you are on a budget. It rains and places are closed on certain days and out of food because its low occupancy. Ive heard February is fabulous. Cant imagine there are any crowds at anytime.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,057 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit.

msmejkal - I am sorry you experienced rain on your trip, that is unusual. but, if I could choose when I could go, it would always be May, or perhaps early June, the weather then is always perfect, everything is open, prices are good and staff is still enthusiastic.

Ellen

Milano
Level Contributor
9,896 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit.

I do agrree

I was there end April to earliest May. Weather was always sunny and breezy. No mosquitoes at all. Restaurants were all open but not crowded.

It started raining on the day of my departure (2nd of may) and I understand last week it was raining a lot but it looks exceptional.

I was in Cayo Largo in the same period a few years ago and it was again perfect!

Definitely a good time for Caribbean.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to visit.

We've had great vacations in late July, early August and May. My bottom line though is that as much as I love that island, I'd take a trip ANY TIME I could get there! ROTFWL!

Happy Planning! ;~>

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
387 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to visit.

We've gone mid July on every trip. It's hot, but home in MD in usually hotter and without the breeze! AND I don't have an ocean to jump into to cool off! Restaurants aren't an issue--they are all usually open and we just check on days closed and work around closings but that's not an issue. I like that the prices at our accomodations are lower--would be hard to go back every year if we had to pay high season prices! We've rarely had rain in July (except at night).

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to visit.

We like late June - early July.

Great restaurants open but the island doesn't have that busy busy feel. I think rates are good at that time and we have always had settled weather.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to visit.

Been coming for 32 times now and have done "the deed" in January, December, February and March.

My credo is: March winds bring April showers which bring May flowers.

March is the season of least mosquitoes because it is a bit windier and also has the least amount of people as well (if you plan between spring break dates which I always do). All the best restaurants are open and the weather is always beautiful with a minimum of rain.

I would also check into December before the rates go up for Christmas because the weather has been quite lovely as well and the island is not yet crowded.

If you need to save your bucks,my advice would be to go at the end of April/May when the kids are all back in school again and the island slows down a bit. Problem there is that the mosquitoes will start to find you because of sometimes April showers.

End of Nov.,early Dec, and early Jan., are also popular and are before high season which tends to be busier and pricier.

Bottom line: Actually, the only time NOT to consider "Paradise" is end of August/September/October.

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to visit.

June is a great time to visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to visit.

"Best" weather is relative. I think that the weather in April and May is nicer than Jan-Mar, but compared to what we're coming from back home the DIFFERENTIAL is much better in winter. Apr-May is much less expensive, calmer seas, slightly warmer seas, a little warmer but still with breezes and lower humidity than the summer. Same thing is true on the flip side (November and early December), although the seas are definitely rougher. It all comes down to what kind of mix you're looking for. Crowds are a non-factor, except maybe during the Christmas season. Truth is, it's fantastic all the time (although late August, September and October are hotter, more humid, less breezy and with many places closed).

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla