We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have arrived!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
We have arrived!

Landed yesterday, arrived on Anguilla with no problems. What a beautiful island. The viceroy is beautiful. Today will be our first full day. Not sure if I will post on a daily basis. Last night our first dinner at Ocean Echo. Nice resteraunt. good location, but the food was not very good sorry to say. I was so looking forward to the grilled lobster. Two tiny tails that i had to fight with to get the meat out. :(

off to breakfast at Aleta,then off to the spa!

djb :)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have arrived!

on my iphone, sorry for the typos. :(

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have arrived!

Ahhhhh Anguilla! Enjoy your stay and look forward to any posts along your way! I have never gotten to Ocean Echo. Sorry lobsters disappointing….perhaps frozen as I think lobster season over. If you are able to get crayfish - don't know if their season is a bit longer - do try. Love them at Jacala and Veya.

The spa at Viceroy is so lovely --- I love the spa pool, gorgeous views and usually very quiet. Again….ENJOY!

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We have arrived!

Shame about your meal at Ocean Echo. We love lunch there but have only had cocktails after 5 never dinner. So many good dining spots, it's a shame your first dinner there was a disappointment. Dillon, the owner, is so conscientious so I'm surprised. Veya, Straw Hat, Dolce Vita and many more wonderful places with fabulous food and service will more than make up for one disappointing meal.

Hope your spa treatment was great and we know you will love the rest of your stay and hope you will post a TR as we all live for them when we are off island.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,055 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We have arrived!

Glad to hear your trip was uneventful! That is too bad about Ocean Echo, must have been an off night - hopefully your other dining experience will more than make up for it.

The spa sound lovely.

Have you been to Barnes Bay? If so, how is the beach?

Thanks for checking in,

Ellen

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: We have arrived!

We are on your same schedule. Had our first full day today as well. Stayed at The Place and visited with Garvey at the sunshine shack to lock up crayfish and jonny cakes for Friday lunch. Swam at the cuisinart pool. Very nice pool and setting. Quite a lot of people here for late season. As good as ever! Maybe I'll try a pay it forward with a trip report. I so enjoy reading everyone else's.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 23:03
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We have arrived!

If you are still there this Sunday, 6/29 ... Maybe we will see you at Gwen's! Regardless.... Have a blast!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have arrived!

Funny thing today, the family went to the SPA this morning. Son and girlfriend has the massage, husband had a massage and daughter and I had a pedicure. the two ladies asked us where we went for dinner yeasterday. I told them ocean Echo and they just looked at each other and said eith a sour face Oh... did you like it? well you know.

Ellen, walked over to Barnes Bay today and found two huge mounds of sand, they said they are trying to make the beach bigger. Beautiful beach. We are heading over there to snorkel a little tomorrow. thurs the 26th. Very windy on Meads Bay. We stuck to the Aleta pool today.

Great breakfast at Aleta. Ordered off the menu. I had the coconut french toast, mmmmm.

Tonights dinner at DaVida! OMG! hubby had the tuna. Cooked perfect. I had the beef tenderloin, med well and it was done PERFECT! daughter had the lobster fettuchini , son and GF had the scallops. everything was cooked just right and what a view.

:)went to pick the car up from valet to find that the car would not start. Andy from andys car rental came out to change the battery. Works fine so far. Great guy!

Anguila is beautiful! Tomorrow another full day!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We have arrived!

j&k,

Yes the SPA is lovely. The view overlooking the water from the pool is to die for, however, for those of you who will be here soon, the sauna is closed as is the mens locker rooms for remodeling. Disappointing but the massage made up for that says hubby and son.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,055 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We have arrived!

DBJ - yes they dumped those big sand hills in April with the hopes of the current drawing the sand out and widening the beach, I was curious as to how that is working out.

DaVida is so wonderful, hope you get to go on Sunday when Omari and his band 11 is playing - they are terrific! We never miss.

Have a wonderful, fabulous, memorable trip, and if you have to eat at Viceroy, hope Bamboo is open, it is my favorite restaurant there, but can never seem to find it open at night now,

Thanks for checking in,

Ellen

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We have arrived!

Hi DJ:

Well, you and I make 2 about Ocean Echo, but their lunches seem okay.

Do try Blanchards if you plan to do a "fancy place" because I was truly surprised this last time at how far it has come. (or maybe I just got lucky and had Melinda in the kitchen)

In fact, Carrie at Veya has made giant steps too.

If you're into Italian don't miss Dolce Vita. The owner Abbi alone is worth the trip.

And if you've got Nori's card, a meal at Mangos should make you especially happy.

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla