We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windy and rainy?

New York City
Level Contributor
287 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Windy and rainy?

Hi All - Leaving for Anguilla tomorrow from NYC. Cannot wait. I know better than to check the forecast for the Caribbean since it's never really accurate. However, my husband said he's bummed b/c it looks like theres high winds.. plus this weekend looks pretty bad. Can someone chime in with how the weather's been? Thanks!!

CT, USA
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windy and rainy?

Had a period of high winds and rain yesterday, but cleared up by mid afternoon. Now it's a mix of sun and clouds..very hot but there is a breeze, looks like it could rain at some point.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windy and rainy?

went horseback riding yesterday morning and got soaked. we made it to the beach and it was a down pour. the horses wanted to go back! ha ha! then it cleared up and it was beautiful the rest of the day. rescheduled for horse ridi g for tomorrow, at least today was sunny and hot with a slight wind, and tomorrow looks good as well. not sure about the next few days after that.

dont worry!!!! be happy! it will all be good!!!!!

djb

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windy and rainy?

Yesterday morning the rain was horrendous!!! Torrential with black skies. It lasted for about 2 hours and then the wind was really cold.

However by 1pm it was glorious. We spoke to someone who lives on the north side of the island and they had had no rain at all!

Today - hot, no showers and just a light breeze - perfect!

An Anguillian friend told me "weather comes and goes and if you don't like what come then you go and find better weather" - it always astonishes me how the weather can be so different just a few miles across the island.

Do not worry!

New York City
Level Contributor
287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windy and rainy?

Thanks for the responses! typical tropical weather.. we'll be happy to be down there either way.. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

5. Re: Windy and rainy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 07:16