We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tasty's

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
397 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tasty's

We ate a Tasty's once but weren't thrilled-maybe ordered wrong thing?. Want to give it a 2nd chance so any food recommendations? Also, what is the name of the restaurant on bluff overlooking Sandy Ground (has a garden w/ music?). Ate there when it was another restaurant and want to add to our restaurants for our trip starting this Friday!

Thanks!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tasty's

We stopped there for lunch one day. It was good.. We were the only ones in there. I had the penne pasta, it was just OK, daughter and my sons GF had the chicken quesadilla, son had the seafood pasta, husband had the tuna. All was good. Not the best. Dale came out to introduce himself. Very nice guy. Good service. The restaurant I think you are talking about is Flavours? on the way to Arie.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
790 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tasty's

I have never had a bad meal @ Tasty's. I haven't had everything on the menu, however. Dale Carty (Tasty's chef/owner) always visits all patrons in the dining room, so don't hesitate to state if something isn't to your liking; he will remedy it.

The restaurant with the view of Sandy Ground / Road Bay & the gardens is Flavors on Back Street. Another locally (AXA) owned establishment with fine meals as well.

Both chefs had their start and training in some of the finer dining places back in the day and incorporate local touches with the classics they have learned. Try both and enjoy!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
411 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tasty's

The seafood salad at Tasty's is not to be missed. We have it several times while we are on Anguilla. The grilled swordfish and conch salad are also delicious. Not a big fan of pasta anywhere so I cannot comment on that. For lunch and dinners on Anguilla we stick with seafood since it's so fresh.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
333 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tasty's

The Coconut Curry Shrimp is wonderful!!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tasty's

Dale once gave us a tutorial on curry -- it turns out I LOVE the Anguillian variety (others, not so much). His seafood salad is the best; I also adore his triggerfish and lobster tempura; and, when he did daily breakfast, I would swear that I would swim from St. Maarten for his hash browns!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,535 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tasty's

Coconut crusted grouper, seafood salad, pumpkin soup!

We have never had a bad meal at Tasty's, love it all.

Ellen

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tasty's

We eat at Tasty's on our night of arrival every year and at least once a week thereafter. Never had a bad meal. His johnny cakes rival Veya's and I agree with all above about the Seafood Salad. It's a complete meal. My DH thinks Dale's pumpkin soup is the best on island. We also usually order seafood and the only places I'd eat pasta would be Dolce Vita, Tramonto and AXA Seafood but Dolce Vita is the best.

Also try E's Oven for good food and reasonable prices. His crusted grouper is outstanding.

Flavour's is the one on Sandy Ground as noted by others and the food and service is excellent. Check which night they have music up on the dining terrace. It's pleasant to have background music while dining but they may not have it in off season.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tasty's

Oh man! How can you say Tasty's and not mention their killer Grand Marnier French toast with their deadly hash browns?

We used to frequent them for breakfasts regularly years ago until we started having our breakfasts included in our resort rate.

I still miss it.

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tasty's

Peps,

Tasty's doesn't do breakfast anymore. Shame we never went when he did because that sounds worth the calories!!

Brick, NJ
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tasty's

I had the oxtail at tastys and it was awesome.

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla